Coppermine Shelter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was there when I went up during Memorial Day.

The waterfall is literally minutes from the shelter. It was definitely a nice place. Hope you enjoy your trip.

grouseking

I did a night hike up their with Dave Bear in mid-May and remember thinking how nice the shelter was, and what a great place it would be to spend the night, with the sound of the falls right there. If the shelter is full, there's a clearing just past it that would make a decent camping spot.

I just did this hike this past Saturday and the shelter was still there just like the picture above.

I did wonder about the shelter and how many peeps actually really used it since the trail is really a dead-end trail that goes no where else and is an easy half day hike out and back.

The Falls were as good as advertised and only a minute up from the shelter. I was surprised how tough it was to get up to the top of the falls once ya hit the base of it. Was pretty dangerous either way you ventured up with how wet it was and no real easy routes.

shamples said:
I
I did wonder about the shelter and how many peeps actually really used it since the trail is really a dead-end trail that goes no where else and is an easy half day hike out and back.

The first time I hiked this trail was a couple of years ago, I think it was on a Thanksgiving morning. I met a nice couple coming back from the shelter where they had spent the night. Stopping to talk briefly, the young woman told me that they got engaged last night at the shelter, as she showed off her ring to me. Her fiance told me that I was the first person they told. They were both grinning ear to ear.

So it seems as if at least some people put the shelter to good use! A nice moment on the trail...