Do you think it will be busy up North this weekend?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4000'er

Reaction score
It is supposed to be nice weather this weekend...

Do you think I have a chance to get a spot at either
Kingsman Pond or Ethan Pond tent sites?
Does Zealand Falls have a tent platform?

Zealand Falls does not have a tent platform and there's no camping allowed within a quater mile of the hut. There are spots to be found further up on the Twinway for a tent or two.

On Memorial Day weekend I would plan on getting to the campsites early, say by 2:00 PM on Saturday. And I'd be prepared to move on if needed. Yes, things will be busy.

-dave-

memorial day weekend is always boy scout heaven in the white mountains. they come by the hundreds(thousands?) from all over the northeast. To give you an idea, one year we went to Guyot, and there were at least 200 people camped up on the ridge above the shelter, pretty much right on the edge of the trail. I don't know if that stuff is still allowed, or if they make an exception for weekends like this.

Is that a real question? :p ;) :)

We're talkin' Memorial Day Weekend here, it's one of the busiest.

Big fat weekend. Driving will be a bigger problem than finding a campsite. Look for tent sales at all the stores if you're a gear geek.

Friday Night driving & Saturday likely bad, look out for patrol cars on the highways. I'm heading up Sunday & back likely very late on Monday, if I-91 is an option for you to take all the way up to the Whites, consider that (if you aren't on the road Monday that is.... :D )

If you're on the Zealand trail, you can go down the Ethan pond trail and about 1/4 mile down there on the right are some very nice flat sites the AT thru hikers use. You may want to get there early, I've seen 5 or 6 tents there lined up like a suburban neighborhood.