Dorset Ridge Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerhead

Reaction score
Howdy,
I picked up the new edition of the Dayhikers guide to VT and it talks about the Dorset Ridge Trail. Has anyone done this? It says that it's poorly marked and does not give a distance. I plan on exploring in the hopes of trail running on it, it sounds really cool. I was on Green Peak yesterday doing some recon but ran out of time and it was pretty chilly! What a difference a day makes!

Thanks.
Greg.

It's been a few years, but if I remember correctly, there were several paths / footbeds / trails up there that criss-crossed. They weren't signed or blazed well, but I don't really remember having any problems either. Maybe my memory is bad, or my navigation is great :)

My topo shows a trail that I've always wanted to do. It heads due south off the summit. I've considered accessing from the Hollow but have never done it. I remember a 4wheeler trail at the top heading down in that direction. I imagine it is poorly marked and criss-crossed with other trails (you know how it is), that's part of the reason I haven't invested the time to figure it out. From the top it seems more figure-out-able, less so from the bottom. Good luck and let us know.