Doug Paul injured in a back-country ski accident

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember saying that....but he may have some duct tape on them... :D
Bet the nurses are finding him charming.

That's tuff to break your femur. :eek:

Good luck for a speedy recovery. I probably would have been skiing that way on sunday but decided to try out my new snowshoes up Snow's mt instead. I would be interested to know what you thought of your stay in Speare Memorial hospital since that is where I would be transported since I live in WV.

Doug,
Good Luck and best wishes to a speedy recovery.

Now about those medsurge nurses.........If you have to talk about 27 mAH batteries, amperes and joules with the application of a force required to displace 1 newton, do it in a low sexy voice........ It actually then doesn't matter what you are talking about....... :D

Hey Doug,
So very sorry to hear about the accident. :(
I know you were well prepared and I am thankful Andy came along to help you.
Get well soon, um, I still need GPS lessons! :eek:
Christine

Sorry to hear of your injuries.
I hope you and Sherpa k aren't forming some kind of skier initiation ritual for an exclusive ski club....! Ouch
Good Luck
spider

Doug,
I am so sorry to hear about your accident. If there is anything I can do to make life a bit easier during your recuperation, please let me know (i.e. food shopping, etc). I was lucky to have a great support group while healing am am happy to help out in any way.

Tim (bikehikeskifish): great job looking out for Doug! Everyone needs friends like you!

Anybody else notice the lack of activity on the forum??? :D

Get well soon Doug, haven't met ya but just spreading the love. :p

Jay

The Three Rs

Doug,

Last time I talked to you we were sharing mermories of our old ash-handled piolets that broke at the most inconvenient times. And now this...!

Well, as the song says, "We all have some days we can't explain."

Rest, read, and recouperate my friend.

The mountains will be there when this is over.

cb

Doug,

So sorry to hear of your unfortunate accident but glad to hear that you were picked up quickly. We're all hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

JohnL

I'm a long-time hiking/skiing companion of Doug, and he may be staying with me during some of his recovery. Saw him last evening and drove his car back to his house, after Andy moved it from the trailhead to the hospital. He seems to be doing well, but running a slight fever. Has been moving around with a modified walker under supervision. Because of the broken wrist, they've made him a walker with an elevated forearm pad to lean his left arm on - no weight to be put on the left leg for 8-12 weeks. Thanks to everyone on this board for the support you are offering Doug. He'll probably be out of the hospital in 2-3 days, and then he'll post your ears off.

Get well, Doug! That's a nasty break; here's to good healing! - TCD