Far NE gathering?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of mileage - Cape May NJ to Stowe Vt 480 miles, Cape May NJ to Portland ME 460 miles and Cape May to Wonalancet NH 476 . No further than the Dacks so I am up for any state.

I promise there will be no surprises.
C'mon TeeJay, if there were no surprises what fun would everyone have?!
Sherpa, I beg to correct: In New York $6.00 = $10.00. Didn't you learn anything last weekend? (It's what out Governor calls the 'new math')
Tom

We're talkin' next September, Phil, closest weekend to Darren's birthday (9/20).

You'll have a short commute to this one for a change, eh?

Gathering 8.0

The Gathering we're talking about is the summer Gathering, the ones we've come to calling x.0. It's usually been the second or third weekend in September, which is about the last full weekend of the summer. And you all thought it had something to do with Darren's birthday.

Phil, sorry you couldn't make it to 7.0.

I talked to Mary Nichols at Gold Brook Campground yesterday. It sounds like this site has everything we need for G 8.0. Their group site will handle up to 170 people and there is ample parking. There are free, hot showers and flush toilets. It's close to Stowe and about 7 miles off I--89. Mary told me the price was $6.00/person for the group site. She'll put it in writing. No surprises. Thanks bigmoose, big time.

You can pan for gold in the brook. A panner group was there not long ago. http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/specialnews/outside/50.htm

Sometime after the first of the year, I will be putting down a deposit for the site, tentatively for the weekend of September 15-18 (Thur.-Sun.), 2005. Is that enough advance notice? Too much? A lot can happen between now and then.

Vermont money: A coupla' big city counterfeiters ran off some $18 dollar bills and headed up to Northern Vermont to pass them off to the unsuspecting locals. They entered a store and approached the owner, figuring him to be an easy mark.

"Hey, mister" they asked, "You got change for an $18 dollar bill?"

Thinking briefly, he responded, "Ayup, I believe I do. You want three sixes or 2 noines?"

They know their money in Vermont.

I forgot to check if the campground takes plastic but they do take sixes.

I'll have more information later, much later.

teejay

Last edited:
Yeh!

Thanks TeeJay and Bigmoose for getting the ball rolling on this one. It's going on the calendar (as soon as the 2005's are out)
I'm not missing another one.

Cheers!
Phil

And with that last post I join Big Moose at becoming one of the latest "Senior" members.
How many beers does it take to acquire"Gold" status Harry?

Phil

...or...
perhaps the VFTT'r producing the biggest nugget from Gold Rush Creek during 8.0 gets official gold member status....

bubba, throw in a whip and chains with that apron and it quaifies the wearer to serve Gatherers at the White Wolf Inn in Statton, ME.

Teejay - can we schedule Gathering 8.0 to *not* be the weekend of 9/11? It would be great for many involved to not have a conflict with Flags on the 48 '05.

Don't worry, MicahelJ

G 8.0 won't be on the weekend of 9/11. I'm tentatively scheduling it for September 15-18, see my post above.

Congratulations on your 48!! Where was everybody when I called Woodstock Station on Saturday to say hi? Sorry I couldn't make it but was there in spirit.

teejay

I just talked with Gold Brook Campground. They will take plastic. There is running water available on the site as well as electric, although the electric is not right on the site.

Last edited: