Flags on the 48 Plans

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puck

Reaction score
I know alot of members on this board are participating in this event. What are your lodging plans? Will you being staying at the KOA or some other place on Sat night? What are your post hike plans sunday? I hear some are going to the Mooseland.

I am just hoping to run into some of you.

Craig

9/11

Either camping along one of the roads (Gale River, Haystack, etc) or staying at Lyon's Hospitality in Twin Mountain. Not sure about after on Sunday...may have to shoot home, but I can usually be talked into a brew pretty easily.
will be hiking Liberty...

Brownie said:
South Twin Team Bill and I are staying at Galehead Hut 9/10. Plans to go to Mooseland post gathering. Perfect weather forecasts so far.

North Twin here, staying at Lyon's, and hoping to go to Mooseland as well.

Might run up Tecumseh or another 'easy' 4K Saturday as well.

I'll be on North Kinsman with my Dad and a couple of others, we are driving up real early and heading out as soon as we can, since we have work the next day! I will stop by S. Kinsman also since it's right there. Is anyone else from VFTT coming out my way?

KOA yes. Mooseland unknown. Peak being climbed still uncertain. Stress level high.

I've got Bond. I'll probably hike up from Lincoln Woods late Saturday morning and stay the night at Guyot. I'll hike down at 2pm and unfortunately, I won't be able to make Mooseland afterwards.

I agree with post'r boy! (God I missed saying that. :) )

KOA Saturday, might try and stop by CMR as well to say hello.

Lafayette via OBP with Pepsi and a few others. More are welcomed.

Peace.

Mooseland is on Rt. 302 about a mile east of the junction with Rt. 3 in Twin Mountain; I will be there after we descend from Monroe, where I will be with GO (flag) and gH (clarinet) for the third consecutive year. We can also take a side trip to comment on the unnecessary USFS reconstruction of the bridge on the Sugarloaf/Zealand Road over the Ammonoosuc River. Booooo! Hisssss!!

I also agree with Post'r Boy; however, since we're inviting people to swing by the KOA in the evening to say hello and meet in person, hang out for a bit, etc., that's where I'll be.

Check the Flags on the 48 Forums for more information. I can't think straight enough right now to know what's posted here vs. there.

Correction!

TMax said:
Thanks Tom. What time are people planning on showing up? I think many of us have a long travel before heading back to work monday morning!

CORRECTION:

It's located at 330 Route 302, about 1 mile east of TWIN MOUNTAIN, NH

I was red-squared for stating the wrong address. I got the address from doing a google search. DOH! Sorry, I deserve this red square. I hope this makes up for it! :(

As for time, I don't know when I'll be there, but I'm doing N. Twin, so it won't be long after I finish the hike! If I had to guess, I'd say around 4-5 or so.

I agree with you TMax, I have a long drive back to NY on Sunday, so I won't stay long.

Beer v. Sleep

Double Bow said:
I'm on this year's Liberty Crew and am definately "in" for Mooseland afterward. I'm working on doing curls so I can twist sapblatt's arm and get him to come too! :D

No one would need to do curls to twist my arm to have a beer!
I will try...I generally do not hike on Sundays (due to having to work on Mondays...not religion...) Early to bed - early to the trail head!

Will the need for booze and comraderie win out over the need for a good nights sleep? Stay tuned...

Hiking Moosilauke, Staying at Mt. Liberty Cabins in Lincoln, will head to the Mooseland afterwards to enjoy some good times.

Whoever bribed Mother Nature again for good weather, I want to know your secret!

Good Luck to and Happy Trails to all hiking in this event.

Heading to up to Madison on Saturday morning, staying at the hut Saturday night and will be joining the crew up to Adams where we will be flyin the flag.
SilentCal you are right the weather looks AWESOME :D
Happy and safe trails to all