FOT48-Lafayette

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaytrek57

Reaction score
I'll echo everyone's thoughts on a great day.

The A-10 was fantastic. I do believe I was able to see SherpaK in the backseat of the plane giving everyone a thumbs up. ;)

VFFT members were highly involved throughout the whole day and it was great to meet new/old faces. Although for me sometimes it is hard to refer to people by their screen name.

The Lafayette crew, led by Pepsi,were esp. impressed by the 3 scouts and their fathers that assisted in raising the flag. Very, very cool.

It was also neat that Frodo and Mr. X came over for a visit from Lincoln...or did they?

All who who particpated deserve a round of applause. Extra kudos to Stephen, MJ, SilentCal, Chris, Frodo and Greg who all did some extra work "behind the scenes".

Just a side note on the Trip Reports. If people can cut/paste their wonderful reports to the Flags website it would be greatly appreciated.

Peace.

Tom Rankin said:
I could see 2 flags on Lafayette, but not make them out. What were they ?

Jaytrek57, I'll field this one. One was old glory, obviously. The other was the Louisianna state flag, provided by Jenifer.

Lincoln had two also, old glory and a POW/MIA.

Hey Jaytrek, it was nice meeting you and Pepsi at the trail head. We could see flags on Lincoln and Liberty, and possibly Lafayette, although no one was sure about that (you'll have to ask Jessbee because she had the bino's).

Oh, and there is was no bathroom at the Lafayette campground trail head. I had to walk back under the highway again :eek: .

While there is minor behind the scenes work to be done, It's the hikers that make this event what it is. Kudos go to all of those who took part. I want to know who bribes Mother Nature for this weekend. Fourth year in a row we have great weather for this.
Jaytrek - gets extra kudos for landing everyone a sweet deal at the KOA!

I snagged a shot of the A-10 circling Lafayette. It looks better unedited but you get the idea. Darren, sorry about the picture posting but it seemed to be a special event.

Glenn

Did anyone see the dudes with the spray dyed hair coming from the falling waters trail over Lincoln to Lafayette and down the old bridal path? If so, did anyone get to see what was in the raisin bran box covered with tin foil? I was like, damn, I thought I was weird!

You mean the guys that looked like they were wearing pajama pants and had no shirts on while on Lincoln?

Saw them, overted my eyes, and missed the foil box. Sorry now, would love to know what they were carryin'

Did anyone see the dudes with the spray dyed hair coming from the falling waters trail over Lincoln to Lafayette and down the old bridal path?

I chatted with those guys for a bit. (I don't know...I like off-beat characters.) They were from the Dartmouth Outing Club (safety crew?). They were dropping off a birthday cake or surprise gift for one of their groups that was out.

Peace.