Garfield #48 - August 13th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Bob, great job on ordering the weather. It was almost perfect.

It was great seeing some of you again, and seeing some of you for the first time.

and that sandwich wasn't really that big.

SteveHiker said:
hey Bob, great job on ordering the weather. It was almost perfect.

And in fact, it's a good thing Bob hikes at the pace he does, because a number of other trip reports from the area, all earlier in the morning, indicated 30-40mph winds with the summits entirely in the clouds and overall miserable conditions, whereas by the time we all got up there, it was sunny and beautiful.
:)

MichaelJ said:
And in fact, it's a good thing Bob hikes at the pace he does...

Unless it was sleep deprivation clouding my math skills - I added up book times for the various legs of my alternative approach to Garfield and came up with a total of 7hrs 15 mins. I started at 6:11 and arrived at around 1:25pm ... :eek:

It must be the magic shirt :D

W*rk is getting in the way of my completing a trip report, I probably won't get to it until this evening.

btw - I am seriously bummed that I don't recollect the name of the gentleman with the two dogs. Sir, if you read this, or if anyone else remembers please get in touch.

Thank you!

Bob

MichaelJ said:
Don't understate the "buzzed by a glider" photo - that glider was at times lower than us, and came by the Garfield summit at eye level only a few hundred feet to the north. It was completely silent and utterly incredible.
Yeah but the d@^# fool pilot forgot the "Congratulations HikerBob" banner. I think we should get a refund ;) ...Great accomplishment Bob!! Enjoyed meeting you and taking part in the celebration with the small army that joined you.(My head was spinning from trying to remember all those names) Thanks to all for welcoming us. May our paths cross many times :)