Garfield Ridge condition?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutsosa

Reaction score
Anybody been on Garfield Ridge between Garfield and Lafayette within the last couple of weeks? I've been checking the reports, but I haven't seen any posts with info for that stretch of the ridge.

I missed a planned trail maintenance trip on memorial day because the trail was still buried in snow. Then my schedule got insane, and I'm making my first trip of the season this weekend.

I'd like to get a general idea of the condition of the trail, like any major damage from the winter (washouts, etc). No need for detail if you can't remember, just your general impression is fine, like, "oh my gosh this trail looks like crap!" or, "what a lovely trail!" (ok, I know, nobody says that about Garfield Ridge and its "puds").

Mostly I'm wondering how many nights I need to plan to be up there, and how many victi..., er, volunteers I need to coerce to come help me :)

Thanks in advance!

Little, or No Help

This will probably be of little or no help. But nonetheless, while hiking on 02-July in the general vicinity of the Galehead Hut, I spoke with two different hikers who had traversed the Garfield Ridge Trail coming from the Greenleaf Hut on their way to the Galehead Hut. There was no mention of any horrific trail conditions encountered along the way.