greatany places for an early breakfast in the Whites

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never been to Munroes but "A Fresh Start" is pretty good. The best standard breakfast fare that I have been to (many, many times) is "Glen Junction" at the corner of 16 and 302. Great food, nice people and fast service. It will be crowded at certain times. I don't know if they open at 5 or 6AM.

Keith

There were a couple of references to the Gorham area that need some updating. Welch's on Main street (sort of across the street from Moriah Sports) is closed and for sale. The location of the Loaf Around Bakery on Exchange Street was reopended by a new owner. It still has very good food and incredibly slow service. There is not much else for early morning except for the McD's and Dunkin Donuts.

My 2 favorite spots are Glen Junction in Glen, NH. It is just west of the 16/302 junction and Yesterdays on Rte 16A in Jackson. Glen Junction may be a bit late for you. It serves breakfast from 7am - 3pm. I'm not sure what time Yesterday's opens but you could call (603)383-4457 to find out.

The WaterWheel

If you want a good breakfast and are spending the night in the Jefferson area, The waterwheel Restaurant is a good choice. They open early in the summer usually by 6:00am, Not sure of the winter hours.
They are on Rt 2. After Jefferson proper, but before the Jefferson notch moter inn.
It is a good choice if you are doing Wambeck or the Northern Presidentials.
There prices are not the cheapest but you get a good meal.
WSC

For those of you heading up I91 a stop at the P & H Truck Stop in Wells River, VT is well worth the time. 24 hour food and very good! Truckers know best!

I'll have to check the hours for the Loaf Around Cafe tomorrow. Previously when I've been in Gorham it's very quiet before 6:00 including I believe the BK. I've been in McDonalds before 6:00 (like 5:50) so they are open before 6:00 - how much earlier, I don't know.

I like Pinkham because it's "buffet" and you can take bacon or sausage out to "RUFUS"!

Earliest places I have found headed up Rt 16 are the 3 Dunkin Donuts that open at 5am and a bakery. Can’t recall the name of the bakery. It is located half way between Conway and N. Conway headed north on Rt 16. Not sure when the bakery opens but I have stopped before 5 for a treat and coffee.

Gary

Krazo said:
Earliest places I have found headed up Rt 16 are the 3 Dunkin Donuts that open at 5am and a bakery. Can’t recall the name of the bakery. It is located half way between Conway and N. Conway headed north on Rt 16. Not sure when the bakery opens but I have stopped before 5 for a treat and coffee.

Gary

How could I forget Leavitt's Bakery!!! It's across the street from me. I believe they actually open at 4AM and have great baked goods and coffee. Highly recommended.

Gorham Mc'Donalds 5:00 AM
Gorham BK 6:00
Did not check the side streets but at 6 AM they were no cars parked on any street that looked like it had an open restaurant on it.