Imp Trail to Middle Carter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandside

Reaction score
Hiked first day of summer... June 21, 2008

Trail Conditions = This trail, unlike the Osseo Trail I did last week, was in very rough condition. Besides being a very wet, green, mossy, slippery wet rock covered trail, there isn't a lot of "trail work" to be seen until you reach the ridge crest and the Carter Moriah Trail. At least up there the bog bridges and rock steps were very sound.

We needed bug protection, John wore his head-net and I just lathered up with the dreaded insecticide! Poles are very useful on a slipper trail like this, I need them especially to aid with balancing, but I still managed to fall down once! Rain gear was needed as we got a quick shower while we were on the summit. Switch to rain pants and jacket, but the temps dropped from the mid 60's down to the 30's in almost an instant! I was quite surprised how much the temps did drop. 15 minutes later, the black cloud had left and the sun was back out warming us.

I had bailed on Middle Carter twice in my attempts, but third times a charm and my list has one less 4000'er on it now!

See my video of the hike at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7NpOlA0yO4

Greg - Islandside
islandside 2000 (at) yahoo (dot) calm