Is Upper Lean-To near Cliff/Redfield still there?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtmarkow

Reaction score
This weekend (2-21), a small group of us are planning on doing Cliff and Redfield, and was wondering if either lean-to was still there. Do you know if they are still there? Also, anyone know if Redfield, Cliff, and/or Gray have been broke out recently?

Thank you....

Lobstermon

vtmarkow said:
This weekend (2-21), a small group of us are planning on doing Cliff and Redfield, and was wondering if either lean-to was still there. Do you know if they are still there? Also, anyone know if Redfield, Cliff, and/or Gray have been broke out recently?

Thank you....

Lobstermon

Yes the Uphill Lean-to is still there and shortly after that about a half mile or so the Feldsbar Lean-to is still there. I am not sure what is or not broken out though!

spencer and i broke redfield out sunday. cliff unbroken with a foot of snow.
we are going in sunday to climb cliff from flowed lands.

I did Skylight, Grey, and redfield on saturday (2/23/08), took a small chance coming back from 4 corners via lake Colden and Avalanche pass and saw the herdpath to Redfield completely broken so I decided to go up Redfield. ran into a small group of 3 + 1 guy behind who re-broke the trail to redfield on my way up. the flagged spur trail to Cliff had old trails that was somewhat windblown back in but it was not broken out as far as I can tell, unless they used the old trail. I did run into a lady going to skylight on my way back who said there was a small group going to Cliff that day but via Flowed Lands and not Uphill leanto. I didn't stop at the leanto and didn't see any tracks to there.

Jay