Is Yard Mtn a 4000 footer?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much for all the great and sometimes humourous responses. I appreciate the time that was spent figuring it our by some of you and I am glad that in the future any google search will lead here for anyone else looking for this info.
I'll climb anything that's on an official list or appears in any way enjoyable but I was looking to find out if 4009 or 3990 was the more recent measure so as to catalogue it correctly.
I havent been to Yard yet but dont worry, I'll be going soon.

Finally saw this thread and just wanted to second all the good information that came out. Yes, Yard should have been included on the original list as it met the Marshall's criteria on the 1902 just it does on both the 1953 map and the 1978 metric map. Ditto for Little Marcy, also unnamed on the 1902 map, but clearly more separate than Gray. There was definitely a "personal touch" as the Marshalls decided which peaks should be on the "List".

While there is still some controversy about the 100 highest list, the requirement that the peaks be BOTH 3/4 mile distant and have a 300 foot rise means there are no mere bumps that have made the list.