Isolation or Owl's Head Friday or Saturday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaiagirl

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited to have cut my NH48 "still to do" list in half on Saturday, having bagged the Wildcats and the Carters with an amazing group on what was an absolutely stunning and wonderful day of hiking (despite nasty blowdowns) --- Drewski finished his NH48 with this one, and trip reports and pics are on this site and the other one. I will just say a good time was had by all, and I myself feel lucky to have hiked with such a great group of people.

So now, I have only Owl's Head, Isolation and the Bonds left to finish the 48. I would like to finish on the Bonds and I am hoping to do so before the start of the new calendar year. This week I have Friday and Saturday off, and am hoping someone who has already been out there might be interested in joining me for either Owl's Head or Isolation. Those who know me and my sense of direction tell me I should not go out and try to find the Owl's Head slide alone ... LOL .... I'm taking their word for it. Anyone want to join me on either day for either hike? Isolation is a long day, but I'm looking forward to that one. Still I prefer not to go out there alone if I'm going to be both starting and coming out with a headlamp. If anyone is interested in either of these hikes, and helping me toward my goal, feel free to post here or just PM me.
Thanks in advance,

Iso and OH are our remaining two, so I'd like to join you (with Sugar, if dogs are cool), but I first have to make sure she's recovered from this weekend--a worn pad yesterday. I'll get back to you on it. The bottom line right now: We're a somewhat definite maybe for Saturday, assuming dogs are welcome and she's up for it.

FYI - we enjoyed hiking with John and Sugar yesterday. She is a very well behaved hiking buddy! And very agile - she made going down South Tripyramid slide look like childs play.

Friday available

I am available Friday and am interested joining you for a hike that day. I have not yet done Isolation or Owl's head, but I have done the bonds (I'm about halfway done with my list).

Mind letting me know the details?

Thanks!

erin

If this happens on Saturday I would strongly consider tagging along. Otherwise I think it's gonna be back to VT this weekend. Let us know what the plan is, thanks!

If wind is a big factor on the Rockpile, Bob & I will likely end up on Isolation on Saturday.

Ok, my ducks aren't in a row even at this late juncture (Friday, 10:10PM), so I'm bugging out for tomorrow's hike. I've had too many nights this week with only 5 hours of sleep, and I'd be getting even less if I try to wake up early enough to finish packing and get on the road to reach the trailhead in time, that is, even if the hike to Owl's Head is still on for tomorrow.

I'm thinking about trying for Sunday, however, and will post to that effect sometime Saturday afternoon, in the event that anyone may be interested. I'm doing this more to get out in the hills to someplace I've never been but heard much about more than anything else. Anyway, good night.