Kudos once again to EMS

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LittleBear said:
I had a pair of Leki poles and I broke one of the plastic pieces where the telescoping ends join. (I was trying to clean my poles 'cause so much dirt and accumulated over the years.) I brough them to LLBean (where I had purchased them) to show them the piece I needed - that's all I wanted. Instead the customer service rep took the poles and gave me a voucher to buy a new pair.

I own a pair of Leki ski poles...I had then for less than a season, while having some fun in the Half Pipe, I lost my balance, planted the pole, and smashed the top end of the pole chest first. I'm a pretty big guy, I won the fight and the pole bent in half. So I brought it in to a shop to see if I could get it fixed...they sent it to Leki and Leki sent me a new pole. They have good customer service for sure. I know, this was a skiing subject and not hiking, but its outdoors, and relevant :D :D

ems boots sales

MY complaint with EMS is Ive had bad experience with boot salesman/woman, they really dont know how to fit boots very well at all and seem to preach some taught ideas that they dont really grasp. Fortunetly I know how to buy boots and their sales bring me in, I try and be polite about the whole situation though because they do try.

I'm very happy w/EMS

I've always found EMS products to be a great value -- 9/10 the quality of the name brands for 2/3 the price.

My return story:

The 7000 cu.in. internal frame pack I bought from them popped a couple of stitches within a year of purchase. Normally, I would have got out the sewing awl and fixed it myself, but since I was shopping for a jacket anyway, I found the receipt for the pack and took it to the store. The guy behind the counter told me to go take another one off the shelf. I checked them out and saw that the new 7000s had a few improvemnts -- great! When I took it up to the counter, he hit some keys on the register, printed out another receipt, took out $14 and change, and handed me the receipt and the money. I asked him what the money was for, and he said that the 7000 was on sale. I said that I had bought it on sale, a good sale, or I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. He told me the current sale was even better, and that the $14+ was the difference between the original sale price and the current one. I thanked him.

That's the best return experience I've ever had. I shop there whenever I need outdoor stuff, and I generally end up with their brand.

Last edited: