Lactose-Free Energy Bars

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripper

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas which energy bars are 100% lactose-free? Lactose hides in several different ingredients and sometimes it's hard to tell from the ingredients listed.

I've heard rumors that most Clif bars are 100% lactose free and that all powerbars have lactose.

Anybody sure about these claims, or know of others that are 100% free?

Contact the Manufacturer

You should contact the manufacturer if you're in doubt and think it's only rumor. Are you a member of a Lactose intolerant group? Is there such a thing in your area?

My wife and daughter are gluten intolerant (celiac disease). Some foods that are gluten free are also lactose free. The awareness of the "disease" in the past few years has spawned many food manufacturers to refine the food making process and their prep facilities to be gluten free. We're finding even Betty Crocker is now making cookie and cake mixes that are gluten free. These are being sold in the main stream grocery stores alongside "normal" food. This wasn't the case as long ago as 3 years.

I would rather ask the baker than a hiking group regarding their foods.

Jim

http://www.dairycare.com/

One pill a day and you’re good all day, for all lactose. No more having to worry about taking a pill with every individual piece of food that may contain milk, or the expense of Lact-Aid® milk.

Six bottles — 60 pills apiece, nearly a year’s worth — cost about $91, so it isn’t cheap, but I think it’s worth it. The company recently had a free shipping deal, too, but I never seem to time my purchase right.

It wasn’t too bad when Lact-Aid had the drops, so we could fix our own milk, but then they discontinued the liquid and their pills never seemed to work as well for me, but the Dairy Care has been great. Milk, ice cream, no problem.

There’s also a brand called Dairy Advantage. I’m not confident it works as well for me as the Dairy Care, but it comes in individual packets, so I use those when I’m away on vacation. Amazon sells it, or CVS, if you’re out and stuck.

ZooBars by Jungle Treats.
My friend is still trying to get a distributor.
She's a triathlete and created these because of her food sensitivities.
Be patient.
Specialty snacks are in development.

http://www.dairycare.com/

One pill a day and you’re good all day, for all lactose. No more having to worry about taking a pill with every individual piece of food that may contain milk, or the expense of Lact-Aid® milk.

Six bottles — 60 pills apiece, nearly a year’s worth — cost about $91, so it isn’t cheap, but I think it’s worth it. The company recently had a free shipping deal, too, but I never seem to time my purchase right.
This approach works for some people, but not everyone. Doesn't do much for me...

It wasn’t too bad when Lact-Aid had the drops, so we could fix our own milk, but then they discontinued the liquid
Yeah! :(

Doug