Large Snow Storm hitting northern New England

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if it keeps coming like this for another 100 years or so maybe we can start to see a new glacier forming in Tuckerman's :) :) :)

There will be some more snow on Friday into Saturday so def bring snowshoes. It will be slow going to plan plenty of time. Be careful. -Mattl

Nothing too major here in Littleton, NH; we might have gotten 6" overnight. But it's still snowing fairly hard right now, so I'm guessing a few more inches are likely during the day on Wednesday.

12 inches was reported in Hanover and I think it was close in Lebanon. One thing to remember with this is how variable measuring is because of the fact it was warmer. Road surfaces and cars didn't accumulate snow here till nighttime, so the first 2-3 inches didnt accumulate there and compacted a lot. So unless you measured several times during the storm, it will be much less because of compaction. Snow will continue in the mountains during the day and into tomorrow. So the average in the Whites will be 12-16 inches. Huts are now reporting 75 inches for Lonesome and Hermit at 2600-3800 feet, so thats impressive. -Mattl

Between a foot and a foot and a half of sticky stuff here in Tamworth. Still coming down a little bit too.

Gorham Randolph townline 1400 feet - abotu 6 " of wet snow. A lot wetter than expected (doesnt snowblow worth a darn). The upcoming cold weather should set up a crust in a few nights

Another 4-8 inches fell in the Whites today and more tonight, so expect totals between 15-20 inches from this. -Mattl

White-out conditions on 93 North @ 7pm Weds

Moderate to heavy snow falling from Concord north to Meredith, with some blowing and occasional white-outs. It was like someone threw a switch in Ashland -- dry roads all the way to Rt 49, then light snow flurries again. Looks like it has settled to about 8" fresh in our yard. The snowbanks are truly impressive.

Another snow storm!

This is not a joke, another large snow storm will hit NH and ME Friday night into Saturday evening. We are now under watches for currently an early estimate of 6-10 inches but for you lucky souls in Tamworth to Concord area is looks like another foot is certainly possible if not likely. An Albert clipper will redevelop a strong low that will go north through the Gulf of Maine. More then a foot is possible again with this in western ME mountains and the Whites, primarilly Hermit Lake and Wildcat area. I would say right now it looks like 8-15 inches for areas above 2000 feet. Amazing winter.. :) -Mattl

*drool*

Sunday River glades and Oz Saturday. Boo-yeah! And una_dogger will get to experience groomer freshies too!

The snow is doing a great job of keeping the ski areas fresh. What a blessing for the economy of the ski areas (and the towns) after last winter.

Last edited: