Lost ski area lecture (and hike?) - Mt. Prospect, NH - 07/30/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket21

Reaction score
From NELSAP (New England Lost Ski Areas Project):

Hi everybody,

I will be doing a talk at the Weeks State Park in Lancaster, NH on the lost ski areas of the White Mountains, July 30th, 7pm. All are invited! Will have copies of my book for sale. Here is more info:

Lost Ski Areas of the White Mountains
Jeremy Davis
& Mount Prospect Ski Tow
Bill Ghelli
The White Mountains are world renowned for the array of skiing opportunities offered to every skier. This unusual lecture will focus on the ghosts of former ski areas that can still be found in the White Mountains, where sixty ski areas have closed since the 1930s. Author Jeremy Davis has compiled rare photographs, maps and personal memories to preserve the heritage of these former ski sites cherished by generations of skiers. Jeremy is founder of the New England Lost Ski Areas Project and serves on the New England Ski Museum Board of Directors.
Bill Ghelli of Lancaster will present a supplementary talk about the restoration of the Mt. Prospect Ski Tow at Weeks State Park, which has completed two years of renewed operation.

WSP Association host for the evening is Dave Govatski.
This free program will be in the Great Room of the Summit Lodge of Weeks State Park and will begin at 7:00 PM. Come early and bring a picnic supper, or climb the Fire Tower for one of the best views north of the notches.

Weeks State Park is located on the east side of Route 3, approximately 2 miles south of Lancaster, NH. The Evening Program Series is sponsored by the Weeks State Park Association, NH Division of Parks, and UNH Cooperative Extension.

Boy, that's worth the drive just for the sunset views..what a great location for discussion.

I read about the Mt Prospect tow operating the last couple of years..sounds like a true labor of love rather than a wize business decision