White Mountain (NH) Lost Ski Area Presentations - 02/05/09, 02/06/09 - Free!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket21

Reaction score
I know this isn't quite hiking, but I also know that a few folks from here contributed photos to the recent Lost Ski Areas of the White Mountains book.

Jeremy Davis (author/founder of http://www.nelsap.org) will be giving two lectures about the White Mountain region lost ski areas. Free admission.

- Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM at the Mount Washington Hotel
- Friday, February 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM at the Lincoln Town Hall (148 Main Street)

Hey, that's tonight!

Would go if I were up there, thanks for plugging it. Don't know much about this, but have enjoyed reading about it here & in the Boston Globe. Great New England history!

I believe Silverfox and I will be attending tonight - anyone else going?

Thanks for posting this. I can't go, but I sent the link to my wacky neighbor who is crazy about "lost ski areas" and they are planning to go Friday while on their way to Loon for the weekend.

Somewhere along the line I jumped the start time for tonight, but nonetheless it was a good presentation. A full room. Silverfox, rocket21 (that's me!), and Steve Smith were there representing the hiking community.

The lost ski areas

Quite an interesting presentation in Lincoln this evening on the vast numbers of former ski areas that have since become lost..some from the not too distant past...I skied at Highlands several times back in the 80's...hiked Mittersill a couple of times enjoyed the fine views and easy route to Cannon from there...I t seemed like all the towns used to have a tow.. I can remember one in Gilford, Andover,Steele Hill,Moultonboro,Ashland..and surely many others..

good time looking at the old trail maps and the quite interesting that the old lifts get sold and moved to other area..

nice evening...Rocket thanks for the lift