Meeting Place in Saranac Lake

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bachand

Reaction score
I am trying to coordinate a meeting place in Saranac Lake to meet up with some hikers coming up from Albany. Does anyone have any good suggestions about a place to leave my car for the day so we can only take one car to the trailhead?

Marc

Yeah, the Burger King lot has pretty much become a municipal lot since they closed last year. In summer it got a lot of use by boaters using the boat launch in town.

You could probably also leave it at one of the lots at NCCC (North Country Community College) on the east side of town.

While you're here you should check out Blue Line Sporting Goods and Lake Placid Mountaineering (which just moved from Lake Placid to Saranac Lake) and give some business to our local businesses. Both are on Main Street in Saranac Lake.

bachand said:
a place to leave my car for the day
John H Swanson said:
How about Stewarts?
Stewart's? what would you do if someone that wasn't shopping in your store parked in your lot all day taking up spot that a paying customer could be in??? it's called "will be towed at vehicle owner's expense" - i would meet there and then park on the street someplace near by...

Last edited:
ken said:
Stewart's? what would you do if someone that wasn't shopping in your store parked in your lot all day taking up spot that a paying customer could be in??? it's called "will be towed at vehicle owner's expense" - i would meet there and then park on the street someplace near by...

Most of us who live in the area use Stewarts as a parking lot even if we arent doing business at stewarts. It has one of the larger lots in the area... there's a few spots to the side that are usually taken up by people going to the thrift store across the street, or to the bowling alley or chinese resturaunt down the street.

Granted, there are better places to park... There's the places I mentioned previous, pluse there are also 2 municipal lots in town, both on main street. One of them is right near Lake Flower, the other is by the traffic light directly west of Stewarts.

Last edited:
Also, overnight parking is prohibited on all streets in Saranac Lake. All cars must be off the streets between 2 and 6 am.