Mount Adams - An AMAZING day I will never forget - April 22, 2007

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sli74 said:
The rock is indeed something amazing, shiny and beautiful but at the risk of sounding nauseatingly cheesy, Brian is a bajillion times more amazing and I would have said yes to a plastic ring from a cracker jack box. :D

And Brian's thinking..."Oh sure! Now she tells me that!!!"

I can't wait to see you both. Such fantastic memories from that day we ran into Brian in the rain. How I got so far ahead and was waiting practically hypothermic at the Peru Peak Shelter thinking what kind of friend was I to hike off and leave you and Bathing Beauty with some freaky AT thru hiker who was clearly suspicious giving away his food and hiking with an entire loaf of squishy white bread at the top of his huge pack. Oh and don't forget the new flavor of pop tarts he was also trying to get us to sample. I'm glad he didn't murder you and chop you up into little pieces that day!

Congratulations. So happy that I was there at the very beginning...see, I told you to go chase that boy down!!!

Congratulations- It seems like yesterday when SK, John S and I hiked part of the LT with you, and hearing about somebody you met on the trail...

lookin' forward to the bachelor party

How about at La CASA?

VIVA LA CASA!

sli74 said:
...he began saying all kinds of mushy sentimental stuff I won’t post here ;) and asked me to marry him as I laughed and cried and freaked out. :D It was a beautiful sunny day, with stunning views and this gorgeous man who I am lucky enough to have met back on that rainy August day in 2004 in Vermont made me the happiest woman. I don’t know many people as lucky as me for I have truly found my partner in life, one with whom I know I will share a lifetime of laughter and happiness and hikes . . . with and without views, all which makes me giddy with joy.

I am so very excited and happy and words cannot express how lucky I feel to be continuing this trip of a lifetime with the love of my life...
Brian, I love you . . .

Wow!! What WONDERFUL news we keep getting lately on VFTT!! Congratulations Seema and Brian!!! Best wishes for a wonderful life of love and happiness and all else that comes with this special bond of marriage!!! :D

Sincerely, Nilsa

Congrats Seema and Brian. Awesome news.

V = I * R

I included an equation so my post would be filled with seriousness and value, and thus not fluffy.

Seema and Brian,

I've said it already, and I'll say it again (and again and again and again)...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You two are the most wonderful team and I love that I've been able to get to know you two over the past couple years :) I really look forward to more great times together! Yay Brian! :)

-katie

Congratulations!
Good luck and may you both live happily ever after !!

OK, for those who dislike fluff, we can get more "hiking-oriented" for a minute.

Rather than start my own thread about hiking Adams on Sunday, just let me say that the Air Line was a post-holed, blow-downed mess from where the conifers start all the way to treeline. Beautiful, sunny day with great views from the top. Valley Road was in much better condition and a fine choice for the descent.

Oh, and I met some very nice folks on Madison Hut. (Yup, "on".) ;)

Photos here.

Congratulations on your great day Seema.

I climbed Madison and Adams on Saturday 4/21, here are some photos. I personally have not been on the Presi's before where you could walk up a snow field to the summits without boulder scrambling (since I do not go on those peaks during the heart of winter, love to go in April where it is still a bit wintery but not too cold). MT- Thanks for IDing the Beech Nut Husk, I was wondering what those little things were, they were everywhere. I wanted to take Airline but chickened out because I got lost on that trail a couple of years ago after an October snowstorm and had to back track and take Valley Way up, so this time I just took Valley Way up from the start. Started down Airline, but the snow cover looked scant, which would make snowshoeing tough, so I walked back to the hut via the airline cut off which normally is through the scrub, but all the scrub trees were totally buried.

Last edited:
Mazel Tov!....let me know when and where to bring or ship the bagels!.....congrats to both of you!

wow! i haven't been around these parts much lately. there's a lot is going on here and in the mountains. late snow, great skiing, engagements, the mountains have everything!

its great to hear such great news! congratulations! that whole story is completely ridiculously sweet. i'm super happy for y'all.

Last edited:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/558958326KZpHjJ
or
community.webshots.com/user/sli74

I have only 8 pictures and didn't get a chance to get Meri's pictures from her this weekend so I will update the album with more pictures later this month but I wanted to post my handful and also respond to everyone who were so kind to send all these well-wishes our way.

Thank you for the good wishes, i12climbup, MEB, Poison Ivy, cbcbd, Tom, Marty, Big Earl, Mad Townie, prino, skimom, kmorgan, MichaelJ, Jason, giggy, Metsky, 1Adam12, Bobby, dvbl, Madriver, ChrisB, unadogger, Arm, bubba, Doc McPeak, peakbagger, kmac, steve-o. sierra, spongebob (I guess), Dr.D, skibones, Stinkyfeet, pudgy groundhog, chinooktrail, mtnpa, Toe Cozy, SherpaK, BoB, hikeramiga, kayakDan, DougPaul, bunchberry, spidersolo, jrbren, coldfeet, starchild, and UFC . . . phew . . . that was a mouthful. Hope I didn’t forget anyone.

sli74

Also,

BIGEarl said:
What kind of cookies is he passing around these days???
Big Earl, these days it is me who does the cooking so he is handing out my cookies.

Dani, the “rock” is indeed gorgeous, he did an amazing job picking it out. We’ll have to have another Girls Weekend soon.

giggy said:
congrats to both of ya -
does Brian need someone to plan and execute a bachelor party?
I am quite good at that ;)
Giggy, you’ll have to talk to the groom to be about that bachelor party and make sure you invite BigEarl and Arm and bubba, will ya? Heck with all these wonderful VFTT men, invite me too . . . I don’t wanna miss out.

David Metsky said:
Crap, more fluff to clean up.
Can't think of a nicer couple of folks to have found each other.
-dave-
Dave, at least this fluff is covered in hiking and my fashion sense was never very keen anyway. Luckily for me, he took those bug eye goggles off before asking me. Guess if I had noticed him take those off and that would have been a clue.

spongebob said:
Pfffffff.....
Thanks alot Brian.....Now I need to find a new person to stalk. Very selfish of you.
Oh, and it was Brian I was following. I bet Seema thought I meant her. Brian is much more stalk worthy.
Congrats I guess.
Spongebob, you are quite the character . . . yes, you will have to stop the Brian stalking now . . . hahahaha.

Stinkyfeet said:
WOW -- Best wishes, Seema!!
I remember back to that crisp autumn day in October of 2004... Frodo and I were descending the Marston Trail on North Brother when we met you and Brian hiking up. What a nice surprise that day!
I wish you a lifetime of happiness together. :)
Stinkyfeet, I remember that day very well. It was day 5 of our 24 DAY “first date” . . . I was so excited to see you and Frodo singed into the register and talked about how amazing you two were almost the whole way up. Brian still calls you guys the “famous hikers” because I was so excited to see you both.

chinooktrail said:
:) :) :) :)
I remember Seema's posts when she would talk about her parents worrying she was 'never going to find someone' if she kept on going out hiking! :rolleyes:
Congratulations to you both!
;)
Chinooktrail, you are so correct. My parents would constantly tell me how I am going to “end up alone” unless I stopped all this hiking and focused on meeting men, little did they know that it would be the hiking that would allow me to meet THE man.

Mtnpa, don’t know what kind of bachelor party giggy is planning but I’d bet the thing being “executed” will be the keg, right giggy? I believe they were Entemanns cookies. They were BOGO, Brian loved getting BOGO.

Toe Cozy, you were there at the very beginning and if I remember right you had said something to the effect of “you better go after that man . . . you could be having babies with him someday” and I remember shaking my head and thinking you were more nuts than me. Those pictures BTW bring back a TON of memories for me also. I am sorry they are not captioned, I am just too busy and lazy.

BoB, La Casa . . . you mean the Mexican restaurant ;)

Mad Townie, I second jrbren’s thanks for identifying those strange husks. We were wondering what they were . . .

Starchild, here is one more bit for inspiration. I had been single for more than 5 years after a particularly devastating heartbreak at the time I met Brian and had lost all hope and assumed I would be alone forever since maybe I wasn’t one of those lucky enough to attract anyone. Ya just never know . . . .

UFC, sounds like a plan . . . if it worked once, it could work again.

Thanks again everyone,
sli74

Congradulations!!! :) What a sweet story! I really like the long-time engagement because you know very well by now it's not a flash that will wear off. Being together for years, and especially backpacking together, you know it's real. ;) You are blessed.

Many years of Happy Trails to you both :)