Mt Carrigain via Signal Ridge Trail 11/17

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarpy

Reaction score
Returned to one of my favorite peaks Saturday.We were the first ones in the parking lot at 7AM.The first two miles went by pretty quick.Nice warm up and a chance to shake the 4am wake up cobwebs out. We got bypassed by a couple with a very energetic yellow lab at the junction of Carrigain Notch Trail. That was it for people sightings until the decent. There were a few spots along the flat section that had alot of leaves on the trail, making footing a little dicey. Further up there were a few icey spots but no need for any traction devices. Trail was mostly & surprisingly dry and ice free. Doesn't get any better weather wise. Perfect temps and very little wind on the summit. The view into the Pemi Wilderness is awesome. One of my favorite. Thanks to my wife I had a thermos full of hot beef stew on the deck. Ran into several groups of hikers & dogs on the way down.The Signal Ridge portion of the trail is another great place to linger.On our decent we met a group of young guys going up just below the first outlook on Signal Ridge. They looked a little spent & asked how much further. I told them they would see the tower in a minute & wished them well. A minute later I heard a bunch of hoots & hollers as they were rewarded with the first views. Nothing like a good view to revive aching hikers. Made it back to the car at 1:30. Great day.;). Follow the link for pictures. There are a couple of Mt Major & Straightback in there from last week.

https://picasaweb.google.com/105644909598407730104/Carrigain?authkey=Gv1sRgCO_Zj_Oa2YP3HA