Mt Hale - 05/16/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldMan

Reaction score
Saturday called for good weather in the morning and cloudy with rain in the afternoon so I was looking for a short hike to fill my morning. With Zealand road open, Mt Hale seemed to fit the bill. Recent trail reports indicated the Hale Brook Trail was mostly snow free. Snowshoes... stay in the trunk! The trail was indeed mostly snow free and barebooting was fine all the way up. Last time I was on Hale coming up the Lend-a-Hand trail, my wife Kim had tripped fallen on a log and bruised her sternum. She was hurting so I was carrying both packs. On the summit I was reminded of the look of pain on her face as we stopped for a rest. Of course she's healed up fine now but this place brought back some memorys from last summer for me.

The hike up seemed to fly by and it wasn't long before I was standing in front of the large rock cairn. Climbing to the top of it offers some views. Here is Mt Washington through the trees...

and more views from on top the cairn...

The return trip went by even faster and the weather we now quite sunny. Humm... time for one more hike today?