Mt Isreal

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
I was just hanging out at the house chilaxing with MEB when on a whim we decided to go and walk up Mt Isreal. We tossed some water and snacks into tiny packs and headed for the trail head.

We had a great walk in the woods to what should have been some really great views, but instead was just a massive cloud bank. :(

Part of the spur of the moment decision involved not bothering to change into hiking clothes. Yes, I was that person everyone says 'can you believe she is hiking in jeans and a tshirt?!'

I have not hiked in jeans, sneakers and a cotton tshirt in a long time. And now I remember why.

Jeans are quite warm to hike in, uncomfortable for scrambling and tend not to dry out quickly…

The cotton tshirt gets very cold in the slightest breeze and feels clammy and just plain yucky after sweating to get up to the non views.
Was a great hike anyway, not too buggy and a good reminder of why I wear different clothing to hike!

;)

I think you may have been slightly delirious from lost blood....the skeeters were vicious!!! Well at least they thought I had something good to offer.

Hiking in jeans is almost as comfortable as skiing in them! You persevered....so hardcore! And to think we ventured out into these wild woods with just a few snacks....no headlamps....no map....no compass....wreckless daredevils we are!!!

Fun weekend:) Camp Chinook rocks!

--MEB

Jeans and T shirt????
For sure. First backpacking wear. Right?
When I got out, or kind of had to be talked into turning around (it was pouring) The only dry area was under my belt.:D
I had a ..aghmmm poncho on and it wicked all the way up.
Good thing I had a belt on!