Mt. Madison & Mt. Adams 9-10 and 11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticks

Reaction score
Arrived at the Appalachia parking lot Saturday morning under clear skies and crisp temps. Had a feeling this was going to be a great weekend to be in the mountains and boy was I right! :D
Met the crew from AMC who had put together hut night at Madison, great group of folks. They were heading up Airline and we went up Valley Way.
We would meet up later at the hut.Trail is in great shape with no issues to speak of.
Dropped our packs and headed up to Madison under blue bird skies with visabilty abot 140 miles (according to the croo at the hut). Seems like you could see forever and views down into the Great Gulf were amazing :eek:
Lounged a bit then went back to the hut where we met the AMC crew and headed over to Star Lake, talk about some BLUE water, wow.
After dinner went out doors to see the stars, stars and more stars every where. What a sight. Snapped alot of pictures on this trip as the views were incredable....
Woke to temps about 27 degrees and slight breeze.
Headed over to Adams where we were going to hook up with SherpaKaroto and crew to fly the flag. Sorry Sherpa, I had the times messed up, we were at the summit at 10 thinking you would be there about that time. We stayed till about 12 and headed out. Hope things went well for you and the crew. I look forward to seeing your pics.
To view my pics click on MT. Madison @ Mt. Adams.
Happy Trails
Sticks :D Mt. Madison and Mt. Adams