Mt Moosilauke- My NH48/NE111 finish..8/28

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
..or Fanfare for the Common Man.

Had an absolute blast on the Moose saturday on a fabulous day/weekend. Want to thank all my friends who could make it and those that couldn't for a real fun journey. In hindsight, it made for a perfect local, with the multiple approaches, including a bushwack led by Chicken Boy, aka David Metsky and it is appropriate to be the one peak that is commonly seen from many other peaks on the 111/115 list. I had a great time to see friends I haven't seen and meet new ones.

After our hike, some of us went home, and some of us continued the fun at the Common Man in Lincoln where we had some more good food.

Thanks to all that could make it, with the weather, probably wasn't too hard, sounds like it was a great day anywhere in the woods.

Just hope Prino's chair survived the weekend.. ;)

My pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/cycleslugyahoo/Moosilauke20100828

Jay

Congratulations, Jay.
I will repeat what I wrote, you had a wonderful day for your finish. Annie and me were happy to be there with you. And also, I am happy to have hike this one with you. :)

Jay, congratulations again.:D

You were not the only one who had a blast. I for one, had a GREAT time. :cool: I was really glad to finally meet you, as well as a whole bunch of fellow VFTTers. That was the first time I ever spent over two hours on a summit. Every minute was enjoyable, making new friends, catching up with old friends and taking in the views on a picture perfect day.

Glad we also ran into you guys on the South Peak, as well as the Common Man.

In summary, Saturday was one damn fine day!

I hope our paths cross more in the future, now that you are a Masshiker.

Best regards,
Marty

Last edited:
Congrats!

Our hero at his moment of conquest:
jayh.jpg

Doug

Congrats, Jay!

I'm sorry we couldn't be there...but I have a little story to share that I hope makes you smile...we met Carol White, author of "Women With Altitude" and "Adirondack Experience" at dinner saturday night in Twin Mountain..afterward, when we returned to our respective tables, we overheard her say to her companion, "Jay finished the 115 today".

Guess that makes you a fa-mous Mass - xxxx .:D

Hui da Man!!!

Had a great time. Puck, Zippy, and I started up the Beaver Brook Trail about 8:30 am. The Beaver Brook Trail is steep but it is a wonderful climb through wonderfully constructed steps up the southeast side of The Moose. Not long after we reached the Asquam Ridge Trail Junction we were over taken by Blue. She wanted to bushwhack Mount Blue on her way to celebrate with Jay on The Moose. As we reached the jump off she turned on the charm and convinced us to turn right and accompany her up to the summit of Blue and get a few pictures.

Heading off for the summit of the Moose we arrived about five minutes before Jay, just in time for photos.

Spent a while on the summit to finally meet Bobby, Marty and many others.

The Mountain Wanderer and the Cman in Lincoln followed. Great Day.

Photos and GPS track on Wikiloc.

Congratulations Jay! Great accomplishment and a perfect mountain for a finish.

Scott

After our hike, some of us went home, and some of us continued the fun at the Common Man in Lincoln where we had some more good food.

Jay

I expected to read something like- some of us had ice cream....

Congrats Jay!

Congrats, Jay!

I'm sorry we couldn't be there...but I have a little story to share that I hope makes you smile...we met Carol White, author of "Women With Altitude" and "Adirondack Experience" at dinner saturday night in Twin Mountain..afterward, when we returned to our respective tables, we overheard her say to her companion, "Jay finished the 115 today".

Guess that makes you a fa-mous Mass - xxxx .:D

Cool, I know Carol and David very well through the 3500 club. Wonderful folks and a great author..

I got a special bumper sticker and car emblem for that "MA" pride from Steve-O ;)

Jay

I expected to read something like- some of us had ice cream....

Congrats Jay!

You had to go to the campground to get the ice cream.. :)

Thanks everybody, looking forward to seeing all of you in the hills...

Jay

Congratulations Jay. Dick and I were so pleased that we were able to make your finish and get to meet some VFTTers in the flesh. What a day! The candy wrapper fortune says it all - "Keep looking forward - new adventures lie ahead."

Some photos

Last edited:
Congratulations Jay. Dick and I were so pleased that we were able to make your finish and get to meet some VFTTers in the flesh. What a day! The candy wrapper fortune says it all - "Keep looking forward - new adventures lie ahead."

Some [URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/JoanneHihn/82810MoosilaukeMtAndJaySGrandFinish?authkey=Gv1sRgCLTprYSi162xvQE&feat=email#]photos[/URL]

Hey Joanne, your picture link isn't working and can't find the album on the main page...

Jay

It was an historical event. Great to meet some new people. I never thought the winds on the Moose could be so calm.