Mt Moosilauke- My NH48/NE111 finish..8/28

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Jay! Nice job with the weather.

But rumor has it that some renegade has been passing out unsanctioned patches.

I'm afraid you're disqualified :(

Nice pics Darl on Saturday and your hike to Cannon on Sunday!

Mike, I think I may count the South Peak for trailwrights which would negate the Mousilauke hike for my finish.. hahaha.. Well not really but was looking at the Trailwright's website earlier today... :D

Jay

Thanks all,

I found out my first peak in the Whites was 8/29/04 and that was Bondcliff with Tuco (back when he lived in NJ), We did a inside Pemi loop from the Garfield Ridge Trail (I didn't tag the summit that day) to 13 Falls down to Franconia falls and up through the Bonds, so Bondcliff was my first 4k' in the Whites and then almost 6 years to the day, finish on Moosilauke on 8/28/10..

Pretty close eh?

What do I need to do to fill out the NH48?

I already got the application for the NE111 since I met Mike Dickerson at the Mountain Wanderer on sunday after Bill and I stopped in to meet Steve Smith on our way home... So he sent me the Ne111 application...

Jay

I maybe wrong, but I think all 4000 Footers is one organisation but the Northeast 111 is a different organisation.

Thanks Yvon, Interestingly enough, the form for the NE111 that I just received via snail mail from Mike Dickerson differs from the one that the AMC links to on your link... Is that the same organization or are there two clubs that manage the same list??

Jay

Jay - my memory is a little fuzzy here, but ... I think that the 111 group was managed by Albert Robertson, and then later by his wife, Priscilla. A few years ago she decided that she didn't want to manage the paperwork any longer, and Mike Dickerman handles it now. I think Mike is also on the 4K committee.

As you know - the 111 is something of an amalgamation of multiple "lists", and each list has it's own "rules".

CONGRTS!!

That's AWESOME!!! Two patches at one time? Cool...

the Moose is really a beauty...

thanks! Actually got two AMC 4k patches that day and 1 NE111 patch... Someday I will have my gazillion patches sewn somewhere. They all are sitting in a ziplock bag at my house in NJ...

Jay