Mt Sunapee

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, sounds strange, forget it. Just wanted some real hiking company from this site for instance. Not tourists. Looking for a pristine view mostly, not trying to avoid anything but yard work.

Don't want to do more than a day hike, I'll save Monadnock for another day. Bunch of us are doing Wapack in two weeks.

My cousin has a breakfast cafe in Newport, figure I would go early and eat then hike.

Join me?

Last edited:
Yes

Hanging with like-minded people, this I fully understand.

Would love to join you, but I am stuck in the big city tomorrow.

Have a great hike!

Barry Sr said:
I'm going up to hike Mt Sunapee in the morning.

1. Anyone want to join me?
2. Which is the prefered trail to avoid; people, mud, ect...?
You might see me on the trail - I'm heading out later today to finish my Monadnock Sunapee Greenway hike. Will spend tonight in shelter near Washington, Sat night at Moose Lookout Campsite, and will come down the Summit Trail on Sunday.

Frosty

Already home.
We started early this morning.
Andre Brook trail to summit trail, Summit then back to the overlook above Lake solitude for lunch with my son.

What a great day to be out there.

Pics Later.

Barry Sr said:
Already home.
We started early this morning.
Andre Brook trail to summit trail, Summit then back to the overlook above Lake solitude for lunch with my son.

Well, I missed you. Just got back myself. Left Moose Lookout Campground about 4:30 (love hiking in pre-dawn darkness watching the woods grow lighter).

Lost the trail in the darkness ascending Lucia's Leap, but figured I catch the trail at hte top. A few minutes later I was looking for a place to set my foot and saw a white blaze on the rock rilght beneath me.

Trail was nice on the ridge to SUnapee, but very windy. Clouds whipping across peaks and through cols.

It was my first venture to Lake Solitude. I'd seen the lake before from the Ledge (White's Ledge?). I thought it would be pleasant walk along the lake shore. Hardly! Saw a huge block of ice in between a pair of boulders.

Lost the Summit Trail on the way down, but hit a ski trail. Generally, I hate walking down those things, but this morning all I could think of was I WANT SOME COFFEE, and so took the quickest way to the parking lot where I had a car spotted.

Frosty