NE Telemark Fest

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
Is anyone planning to go to the NE Tele Fest this weekend at Wildcat?
I am a very new Telemarker--crossover from alpine. Was wondering if anyone has attended this in the past can give me any info. I already checked out the website. Are the clinics any good? Is it crowded? Any shwag given out? Is there free beer???
Thanks
Sandy

I haven't attended one of these guys events, but I have skied with a couple of the instructors through the years, and I can vouch that they are excellent skiers and instructors.

NATO also has events like this throughout the winter.

http://www.telemarknato.com/schedule.html

They are the "granddaddy" of Telemark organizations. But their events do cost money...and it looks like the NE Tele event doesn't cost anything beyond the lift ticket.

Either one is probably a great event, especially for a new tele skier. Have fun, and remember to weight that back ski!

TCD

Note that this Saturday at Wildcat is also "demo day." The Jack Frost Ski Shop from Jackson, NH will be there with equipment to try out.

I'm the photographer and occasional instructor for NET, but I won't be attending Wildcat due to another teaching commitment. I attend most of the others.

The festivals are a lot of fun and a chance to learn. Sign up for the morning sessions, pick up some demo gear if you don't have your own (but you can only keep it out for 2 hours max, limited supplies). Afternoon sessions are great to tune the stuff you've been working on. The instructors are top notch, there's some free schwag, there's a raffle for some great stuff from the sponsors (clothing, bindings, skis, gear), and every festival ticket comes with a free beer ticket.

Go, enjoy, have fun.