New England 4000's

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerhead

Reaction score
Hi there, I was just wondering if there was a certain time frame in which you had to climb all the 4000 ft peaks of New England. Can you space it out over years?

Thanks,
Greg

hammerhead said:
Hi there, I was just wondering if there was a certain time frame in which you had to climb all the 4000 ft peaks of New England. Can you space it out over years?

Thanks,
Greg
I spaced mine over 43 years.

New regulations require that you finish within one year from starting or you have to start over. :rolleyes:

list?what list? you mean there are mountains out there?

i'm pretty sure you must complete them before you start them, otherwise you have to start all over again!!
p.s. no red squares pleeease! my image means alot to me!! :D

hammerhead said:

Thanks,
Greg
According to the Four Thousand Footer Committee rules, there is no time limit. The only thing is that you have to have done the current list (e.g. people who didn't finish before 2001 had to go back for Redington and Spaulding). Some say the latest round of maps are accurate enough that the lists won't change again but you never know. In any case it'll probably be 20-30 years before the next survey so you've got some time.