new member introduction!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been cleared for Sunday. 9am is fine, I think we should keep the hike around the 3-4 hour length, which for me is around 8 miles. I would like to do the cliffy part of the blue trail, because I have not been there in years, or during wintertime. The tower is always a nice goal, especially if it is clear, but the rest I don't really care about. I have hiked quite a few trails in there.

If you would like, we should post this under trips and events to see if any VFTTers are interested in joining.

-percious

P.S. Sorry about hijacking your thread Nate.

I posted the trip on Trips and events.

Mad River, I think I understand why you are going north :eek: . Why have a hot dog when you can have steak.

not a highjack at all!

Glad to see this turned into a CT hiking thread. I just got back from NH a half hour ago so I was off the web for a bit :)

I am definitely interested in a snowshoe hike on Sat or Sun (either is fine for me). It looks like more snow is on the way! Mt Washington was a blast. I will be making my first trip report soon. I managed to hold off from buying crampons and an ice axe ..... and then had a fuel pump fail on the way home. We got stuck in the blizzard and then put up by a great family (who runs Sias Farms/Gardening in Ossippee) for a night, taken for a ride by a mechanic ($380 for a fule pump on an 89 Nissan truck?!) but made it back in one piece.

Thanks for all the responses/trail suggestions to the earlier replies!
Puck- Yep, I am in Westville. Ride sharing for hikes up north would be great! I really want to do the Presi traverse, too. Unfortunately (not really), most of my summer hiking will be in Japan: June 1-Aug 26th!

Welcome to VFTT. I agree that we do have a great group of people. It's nice to go and hike with others who are as crazy as you are and who watch out for each other. Hope to see you out on the trails.

Puck said:
Mad River, I think I understand why you are going north :eek: . Why have a hot dog when you can have steak.

Although steak is my meal of choice, a hot dog now and then can be quite enjoyable. :D