NH48 Winter Record Attempt 1/16/10 -

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in cabin #15 at Carroll Cottage in Twin Mountain all day today (no vehicle).....Fabyan's is not too far away....hint hint ;) No cell reception here but have internet.
Mats: the new plan is you wait a month and then you, me and Mookie will do the winter record thing as "Team Toilet" -- forget that Shake and Bake stuff! Eat and Poop!

Get those feet better.

-Dr. Wu

Mats, sorry you had to drop out. :(

You always know what is best for the team and make smart decisions!!!
As you know, listening to your body is far more important than any record!!

Lots of luck to Ryan & Jason!!

I know you'll be a huge part of their record attempt!:D

Mats: the new plan is you wait a month and then you, me and Mookie will do the winter record thing as "Team Toilet" -- forget that Shake and Bake stuff! Eat and Poop!

Get those feet better.

-Dr. Wu

Can I get in on the "Team Toilet" winter hike? oh, but only if Gary Moody can go too....

Mats, it must have been so tough to come to your decision - you did an amazing job!! Thanks for getting Ryan and JF on the shake & bake team - I know for sure that if it wasn't for your encouragement Jason wouldn't be out there right now....

Go team Shake & Bake!!!!!!!

Mats you are one of my heroes....
I know how hard this decision must have been for you.
You have been through so much in the past year.
Your truely amazing and a tough act to follow.
Hope to see you this weekend.
Go Jason and Ryan (both tough acts) to follow as well.

Hugs,

Mtnmama

Hey, any updates on Shake and Bake Minus 1???

-Dr. Wu

It's snowing good here in Twin Mountain. Tom, Field, Willey and Carrigain on the agenda in prep for a big day tomorrow with Bonds-Zealand, Twins and Galehead. I think Giggy is out there breaking the traverse for them ;)

Cannon is postponed until later which is no big deal.

20 peaks to go after today and if they do the traverse tomorrow thee are 13 left of which there are no big obstacles. Maybe Kate Sleeper will be an issue but that will be the finish so it's just a matter of how long it will take. They practiced that traverse a month ago as well.

Team Shake & Bake-
as a recreational hiker I'm just plain blown away by what you guys have accomplished / plan to accomplish. is there anything the rest of us can do to assist you all in this quest?

is there anything the rest of us can do to assist you all in this quest?

Thank you but I think we are all good.

Farmer and Jason are back in Twin Mountain after the four peaks today.

Tomorrow will be Bonds-Galehead Traverse so a 7-peak day to bring the total count to 35.

ShakeBake.png

Last edited:

35 is how many I had after 6 winters. You guys will do that in six days. It just blows me away! Seriously, you guys are just superhuman. I think seeing you guys running back from Isolation Saturday morning gave Judy, Emma and I the strength and inspiration to make it to that one peak that day.

Mats-even though you have dropped out this year I know you'll be back doing incredible things before long. I'm sure you are the inspiration for Jason and Ryan and everyone out there that is their age hopes to be doing the things you are doing at your age. You are a great inspiration for us all!

Well- Shake and Bake because I'm not sure I'm on board for Wu's new team!

KDT

I'm in cabin #15 at Carroll Cottage in Twin Mountain all day today (no vehicle).....Fabyan's is not too far away....hint hint ;) No cell reception here but have internet.

Whoops, I am just reading this reply late Wednesday night, but will try to stop by on way to/from Pinkham tomorrow/Friday.

Good luck to JF and Farmer on the 26-miler tomorrow!

Mats...you are the inspiration for Jason and Ryan...

Amen. Inspiration, and a huge asset to the cause, even if you're not on the trail for each and every mile.

Got some big days coming up, but Ryan and I are still feeling good, so we're hopeful that the time frame that Mats laid out will stick.

Team Toilet name may already be taken, Wu. Ryan and I left four presents for you on Franconia Ridge yesterday.

Amen. Inspiration, and a huge asset to the cause, even if you're not on the trail for each and every mile.

Got some big days coming up, but Ryan and I are still feeling good, so we're hopeful that the time frame that Mats laid out will stick.

Team Toilet name may already be taken, Wu. Ryan and I left four presents for you on Franconia Ridge yesterday.

Wu, you wanna hit up franconia ridge tomorrow? Treasure hunt!

I giggle like a little kid whenever I see Jason's avatar. Immaturity is under rated......What we really need here are some pix (oh yeah, taking a picture of a speeding bullet requires special cameras), or better yet some live feed from a head mounted cam of sorts. Just like the Monkey Cam Letterman used to use so many years ago....

These are my sons, Walker and Texas Ranger.......Shake and Bake!!

Petch