NH48 Winter Record Attempt 1/16/10 -

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the last breakfast before finishing (at least for Ricky Bobby) and the two power men are digging deep for pulling out the force within today:

talladega.jpg

When being on a team you have to make sure you add value to the team and at that point it seemed like I would be a better asset being on the support team. The toughest part was to make a decision to abandon the attempt for the third time. But that's a part of the game plan and you know this before heading into the adventure.
This had to be very tough, Mats. Saying to yourself after three huge days that you can't keep this pace up and you'll be hurting the effort if you continue has to be a very hard pill. Deciding that you can better help by making sure everything else is taken care of for the rest of the team instead of letting them "carry" you by doing extra trail breaking and what not, which I'm sure they would of done, is what having character and being part of a team is all about. The decision to bring a team over your previous efforts of trying it solo says you've learned a lot. Then making this kind of decision says your the kind of guy who is no longer just the one reading of what it takes to be a success but now teaching others. For that I applaud you.

I'm on the edge of my seat! This is really amazing:D

Talk about deserving a beer!

Farmer's new winter record is 7 days, 17 hours and 7 minutes. We are still celebrating at Ferncroft TH......Shake and Bake!

Farmer's new winter record is 7 days, 17 hours and 7 minutes. We are still celebrating at Ferncroft TH......Shake and Bake!

Woo hoo! Nice going, Ryan!! Good luck finishing up Sunday morning, Jason. Good catching up with all of you at the Carroll cabin last evening. And, see you on some crevasse rescue practices this winter, Mats.

Well done, gents! Slashed the time, established a new bushwhack, and put in a series of Big Days as the Weather Gods smiled.

Doesn't get any better than that - Bravo to Mats, Jason, and Ryan!