Not a snow dump up north

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't exactly a polar vortex here in NE CT either. Had about 4 inches on the ground when I went out around 8AM. I went through the exercise of prepping the snow thrower SAT afternoon so I went ahead and fired it up to make quick work of things, especially the plow bank at the end of the driveway. I got maybe another inch of snow between then and now.

About 6" here in South Glastonbury, Connecticut -- central part of the state. We're on a ridge and always get more rain and snow than folks down by the Connecticut River.

The way North Country is on the fringe. 7-8 inches here in The MWV although I do live in a local snow pocket. My Snowblower is doing the job.

Attachments

• Blower.jpg
    Blower.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 2
8 inches and it seems to have stopped herer on the eastern edge of Tug Hill NY, western edge of the Adirondacks. I had planned to wait until Monday to blow out my driveway, but I did it Sunday afternoon instead under a cloudy but no snow sky. 8 inches is nothing compared to a normal usual Lake Effect event around here.

7-8” in MWV. Tuesday night and Wednesday looks messy. 5-9” then rain on Wed. But forecast will change several times between now and then.

There were about 6" at Hexacuba when we broke camp Sunday morning and that was before the worst of it. It took 5 hours to do the 2 hour drive home.

There were about 6" at Hexacuba when we broke camp Sunday morning and that was before the worst of it. It took 5 hours to do the 2 hour drive home.
Neat shelter and a very nice area. People flock to the Cross-Revendale trail, but that Kodak trail is a lot better. The J trail across the street is another favorite of mine, such a nice valley.

Neat shelter and a very nice area. People flock to the Cross-Revendale trail, but that Kodak trail is a lot better. The J trail across the street is another favorite of mine, such a nice valley.

People were parked up and down the road on Saturday. I like to make a loop using the CRT, an "unmaintained trail" by the shelter (it's flagged) and Baker Rd. Original plan was Smarts via Dan Doane but that lot is signed as a snow plow turn around now. The AT south of Jeffers Brook is a fantastic lazy man's winter camping target. I've never run into anyone at the campsites and really dig what the DOC does with things. Smarts with the cabin and tower is a real gem.

People were parked up and down the road on Saturday. I like to make a loop using the CRT, an "unmaintained trail" by the shelter (it's flagged) and Baker Rd. Original plan was Smarts via Dan Doane but that lot is signed as a snow plow turn around now. The AT south of Jeffers Brook is a fantastic lazy man's winter camping target. I've never run into anyone at the campsites and really dig what the DOC does with things. Smarts with the cabin and tower is a real gem.
I always enjoyed Smarts summit, but wasn't in love with the Lambert Ridge or the Ranger trail, when I found the routes up the back, (DD and the J trail), it made the mountain one of my favorites, the J trail clearly my favorite.

I always enjoyed Smarts summit, but wasn't in love with the Lambert Ridge or the Ranger trail, when I found the routes up the back, (DD and the J trail), it made the mountain one of my favorites, the J trail clearly my favorite.

If you're feeling saucy, the CPLT/Maskoma trail can still be followed along Clough brook.