Open Invitation - NE 4K's and NEHH Finishes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kris,

We are there! And which Scotch to bring besides the champagne? It's been a long wonderful road since our Owls Head adventure. I have to share this one with you, come hurricane or high water.

Rain? Who cares, Arm's Baldpate finish was totally waterlogged, though it was July and probably a lot warmer.

Last edited:
Kris,

Congratulations on the 67!! We wish we could have been there, and we are wishing we could be there next weekend too. We'll be in NJ instead, attending Kevin's dad's memorial service. But we are with you in spirit, and we wish you ALL the best...including beautiful sunny skies and gorgeous fall color!

Have fun!!

-katie

It's a go

BALDPATE!!!! My final NEHH peak!!! Despite a not quite excellent forecast, it appears that we will not get rain although there may be lots of clouds around. I'm hoping that the front will pass through earlier than expected and that the day will continue to improve and the clouds will move on out. I WANT SOME VIEWS FROM THE TOP!!!!! I've put in enough hikes this summer/fall without any views that I think it's about time.

Anyway, we will meet at the trailhead at 8 am (at least that's the plan) tomorrow (Saturday) on Route 26 in Grafton Notch.

Can't believe that this part of my journey is coming to a close. Of course, this won't be the end of my hiking - just a different focus once this list is done. there are actually too many national parks, too many peaks, too many places I want to hike.... I don't think I will run out of places to go.

Thanks to all who have already wished me well.

For those who do join me tomorrow - bundle up! Looks like it will be on the cold side (and even the possibility of some snow showers overnight)!!!

LittleBear