Owls Head - Brutus Bushwhack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highcomm

Reaction score
I'm hiking Owls Head with a friend on the 15th, my second time doing OH and his first. I missed the Brutus Bushwhack on my first tour up OH. Is there a landmark or something to find where it starts? Thanks.

I just did this hike yesterday (actually Fri & Sat - I camped out on Lincoln Brook ). I just downloaded my GPS track to Wikiloc at : http://en.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=6294754
Unless there is a major snow storm this week, you cant miss it; clear sharp turn to right at
N44 8.015 W71 36.848 (a bit north of the BBW waypoint on my gps track). The whole track was a hard packed sidewalk but narrow in spots with deep soft snow on the edges. stepping off trail for others to pass was knee deep. I think this years BBW is closer to "Earl's track" in the dicussion referenced above -no fir waves). Enjoy. I'll post a trail condition and trip report later.

Thanks 1SH! Can't ask better than the exact coordinates. Looks like snowshoes will be a must with the potential of a big storm Wed. and Thurs.