Photos From Mt. Jefferson, Clay and Washington

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice photos Freddy. :)
One day, after we completed our 46, Annie and me we will do that path.
A very nice place to be, thanks.

Awesome pics, Fred, ..... awesome!!

Remember Sean & Sue from the Lakota Wolf Preserve and the Delaware Water Gap hike? We used to backpack the presis almost every summer in the 90's. I'm way overdue to get back up there. Thanks for bringing back some good memories.

Well it's a hop, skip, and, a jump from Grey Knob which is an RMC hut so it's fairly inexpensive but Crag Camp is a good summer spot for large groups as it is unheated and there are small separated bunk rooms, unlike the common sleeping area upstairs at Grey Knob. I'm not sure about the cost though, we only visited as we stayed at Grey Knob since I did Adams in mid December and the temps got down outside to the single digits.

I'm sure somebody will chime in here about the policies/cost there but it's right by Grey Knob on Lowe's Path.

Jay

I think it's $10 to spend the night. But I don't recall if they charge in the winter when there is no caretaker.

EDIT - It's $12 per night. CLICK HERE for more info.

Last edited:
Nice pictures Fred! What a great trip we had.
I have to say, I was in awe when I saw the view from Crag camp, it was just so beautiful!
Thanks for recommending us to go there Sherpa!
Gail

Reactions: arm
Nice shots, FunkyFreddy. Especially diggin' the hat in #68! Looks like you and Gail had perfect weather!