Plymouth MT.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cp2000

Reaction score
Howdy!

I was up on Plymouth Mt. today and was wondering if anyone knew where the other trailhead is. I go up it from Texas hill rd. and out of the 10-15 times Ive hiked it Ive always been pressed for time and havent got to explore the other side to find out where it comes out.

Like you, I've done it twice only from the Texas Hill Road side, going over Pikes Peak en route. It's views from both peaks are beautiful. I've never noticed the trail coming up from the other side though. :confused:

But...My girlfriend bought "50 Hikes in the White Mountains," (I think that's the title), and they describe Plymouth Mtn. as coming from the other side. I think the trail starts off a road off of 3A (if that makes sense.)

I'll try to remember to take a look and get back here with my findings, if she even has the book up here (in Plymouth.)

Southern NH Trail Guide

Both approaches are described in the Southern NH Trail Guide. I don't have it here but if no one has posted by the time I get back...

There are at least 2 other trailheads, the one I usually use leaves 3A opposite the road to Hebron, in the old days you could drive to a col where the trail itself started but now you may have to park sooner. There is a W loop to this trail and also some cairns SW from the summit to a different trailhead entirely (not in any recent AMC guide).

Well I found the book, and I think it describes the route RoySwkr uses. It is opposite the road to Hebron off 3A. It is a left (going south on 3A) on a dirt road called Pike Hill Rd.

Parking and turning around it says could be a problem so they recommend parking at the start of the road and walking up to the trailhead.

Thanks Roy and TDAWG. Ill prob try to hike from that side in the next day or 2.