Rattlesnake Sunrise Shots

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John in NH

Reaction score
IMG_3125-1.JPG

Golden Hour on Golden Pond (Squam Lake)

Fall is a good time for sunrise or sunsets. Both because of the lower angle of the sun and most importantly they aren't too early or late to go and see! West Rattlesnake is an easy hike in the dark, .9 miles of the mostly smooth Bridal Path. There were some tremendous displays of magenta and purple in the pre-sunrise moments.

IMG_3103-1.JPG

Early glow, Lake Winnipesaukee with Belknap Range in the distance (Belknap is largest one)

IMG_3095-1.JPG

Sun getting ready to rise behind Red Hill

IMG_3110-1.JPG

Sunrise 7:03 am

IMG_3114-1.JPG

One post sunrise parting gift of beautiful light, only lasted 60 seconds

One of the best parts of this outing was being completely alone at this usually popular in spots, with the silence only being broken by the cry of loons. Of course after, I tacked on some redlining by jogging some trails in the Rattlesnake and Mt. Livermore area. A peaceful early morning.

Trip Date: 10/23/2013 (Been busy, so sorry for the delayed report.)

Trails: Bridal Path, Ramsey Trail (steep and leafy), Undercut Trail (why does this exist?)

Beautiful photos. Isn't it nice when you wake up that early and the light cooperates?
Thanks for sharing the fruits of your sleep deprivation.

Not all those fruits are juicy!! I know first hand. Your pictures are better when there are human subjects in them. But that is just my opinion.