September 11th hike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tramper

Reaction score
Im looking to participate in the September 11th hike. How shoould I go about doing this?

MichaelJ had a post on this with a link: http://www.flagsonthe48.org. That should get you there. I think that all you need to do is go to "sign up" under that link... there is also a list of peaks and people participating.

Tramper - I've signed up for Bond. You'd be welcome to join me. Saturday night, I'm either going to camp out at the Guyot campsite, or a "secret spot" that I know of off of the Wilderness trail (it's legal.. in fact, a ranger tipped me off on it).

Tramper - that's right, just head on over to the Flags on the 48 website linked above. You can sign up for the Forums there and post questions, and you can also sign up to accompany a group up one of the peaks. This year each peak has one responsible peak coordinator, and up to 9 more hikers can accompany them (the limit due to LNT ethics and for some peaks, Wilderness regs).

Of course, you are welcome to summit any peak you want on your own as well. We have to limit the "official" participants but the summits are, as always, open to all.

Artex - you should sign up for the Forums and post to the Trips and Routes forum. Dirt Girl will be doing Zealand, and due to the closed road she's looking at coming in from the Wilderness side and camping at Guyot.

We may have some openings for mountains as of August 11th. Cannon Washington and Wildcat D will become open to all hikers on this date. We put a reserved status on those peaks in the hopes of getting a non-hiker group to be able to participate. Some folks have inquired about them and we may still yet get full coverage. Either way...lets just hope for a nice sunny day!

MichaelJ said:
Artex - you should sign up for the Forums and post to the Trips and Routes forum. Dirt Girl will be doing Zealand, and due to the closed road she's looking at coming in from the Wilderness side and camping at Guyot.

Thanks MJ. Done deal.

Incidentally, the Flags on the 48 web site is moving to a new hosting site this weekend, so you may experience difficulty connecting to it. All will be resolved by Monday.

(and yes, to the geeks out there, "resolved" was DNS pun :) )