SherpaKroto Injury

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with the recovery. Sounds like you took a good beating. I think a lot of people can relate to what you have been through, maybe not to the same extent as your injuries though. I had my right knee re-constructed back a while ago followed by a 6 month rehab. I also hit a tree airborne at about 30 mph while skiing a while back too, but somehow only hit the soft part of my back, instead of my spine. I was amazed that I walked away from that. Or rather limped away. I also spent a month of my life seeing doctors to see if I had cancer. That was not fun. So there are plenty of dark days in life.

Nowadays, anytime that I can see the sun rise or go hike a mountain, I am very happy. It reminds me of a quote from Good Will Hunting. It goes something like. "You'll have good times in life and bad times in life. But the bad times will wake you up to the good things that you took weren't paying attention to." I think that sums it up. I was a jaded young adult before life happened to me. Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. Now I am grateful for everything. So, things may seem a little dark, but without the darkness, there cannot be light. A little ying-yang. I remember walking or running or skiing for the first time months after my knee surgery, and those were much more rewarding than any run then i had ever been on before. I would never want bad things to happen to me again, but i would not change things if I could go back and make things different. So keep your head up, things are only going to get better.

He is Home!

Hi all,
SK was discharged to nurse Elle today, Heaven help him!

After a 3 hour drug run I managed to tuck him in and spoil him rotten.
Feel free to do the same.
Our home # is 978-664-4686, and his cell for those of you who don't have it is 978-618-0157.
There's coffe in the fridge, and great Italian food to anyone who visits.

SK is in for a long difficult road to get back whatever God plans to give him back.
I can't believe this man climbed Rainier just last year. Live life without regrets is the lesson of the day.

Thanks for the kind words and prayers, it means the world to us both.
Love you crazy people,
Elle :)

Mrs. SK , Speaking from Experience (4 times now major surgery), I can happily say that SK will recover much quicker at home surrounded by friendly and loved surroundings and people.
I was on the ferry crossing Puget Sound a couple of days ago and the clouds suddenly cleared up and Rainier stood tall and proud in the distance. I thought about SK, remembering from other posts he had gone out and climbed that massif (also Alpinista told me about about a duck he carried up there).
I have no doubt he will be out again soon.

Good Luck.

"but given his double-vision"
does that mean he'll see two of me if i stop by?? that'll send him off the deep end for sure! :eek:
get well soon kroto!! :)

That's great news that Paul is home. Of course with all that food at home instead of Hospital food, there goes the skinny Sherpa :D

Now I suppose if I come up & visit I can keep him on a diet... :eek: He'll need to see twice as much food ;)

Good luck, Elle! If there's anything you and SK need, just let us know.

I hope the phone has unlimited minutes...
:)

snowbird22 said:
Get well SK, BTW did anybody catch who hit him??

Nobody actually hit him; it was a pure accident (in his own words) of *not* hitting the other intersecting skier that SK ended up off the edge of the trail. He doesn't believe the other skier ever even knew he was there, much less had the accident.

back in he hospital

He almost made 24 hours at home.

Sorry to let you all know Sk is back in the Lahey Clinic.

I left him in bad shape around 6:30 this morning at his request, and Kayla was with him awaiting his visiting nurse.
Next thing I knew he was ambulanced back to Lahey, and 10 hours later due to a crowded ER Kroto was admitted for pnumonnia , blood clots and a fever.

We are devistated at this new set back.
I cannot imagine spending the last 27 days with only one day at home, in the hospital..

Please pray for him and thanks for your love, and concern,
Elle :(

Sometimes we take a step forward, a step back, then go forward again...progress and recovery can be frustrating.....sending supportive thoughts and wishes your way....

Best...Jade

Elle, that stubborn Frenchman will be back home before you know it! I'm sure it's discouraging for all of you to be in this situation, but he'll come around soon. Too many good wishes from the Viewers, even Paul can't buck that.

Thinking about all of you often.

I am so sorry to hear of this latest news. Set backs of this type are always very hard to take, especially when it appears to be somewhat unrelated to his injuries, and particularly after the joy of finally getting him home. While you were already in my thoughts and prayers, I will be saying more prayers for Sherpa, you and Kayla during this difficult time. Sherpa will get better - he's too stubborn not to. Hang in there and know that you and he have many friends supporting you. You are not alone in this!!!

Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

Love,
Little Bear