SherpaKroto Injury

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elle: Thanks for the update, though this is tough news indeed. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with him, you, Kayla and Andrew.

I was just on the way to send Sherpa his get well card....Let him know that during this holiday season my prayers are for him and your family....look for a tube coming in the mail....he'll get a kick out of it.....sorry to say that it hurts me to spend $ on something related to the Boston Red Sox :( ....but it's worth it to cheer him up....from a Yankee fan...

Thinking about you all often...may this outpouring of love and support from VFTT friends help keep all outlooks/attitudes positive!

-katie

SK, the sheer volume of love and get-well wishes being transmitted from this VFTT family will heal you for sure. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Rob & Carla

Sending many thoughts and prayers to all of you. This setback has to be frightening, but all we know he's a strong man.

Please let us know if we can do anything--seriously. Need someone to help with errands? Anything.

We're here for you!

Elle..So sorry to hear that SherpaK is back in the hospital.
Our prayers are with you, him and the kids.
Tell him he's got to get well! We have BIG plans for him
this summer.

Happy Easter!!!

We just sent him a card with pics from our paddle trip.

Very sorry to hear that he is back in the hospital. I wish I could say more than hope he recovers quickly. Elle, is there something that we (as a group) could do that would help his convalescence, raise his spirits? I haven't ever met him but have been reading his exploits so long I feel like I know him. Let us know.

Wish we could do more.
Keith

Elle & SK

Sending more love, strength and good wishes to both you.

Christine

Throwing more good vibes and prayerful wishes from over yonder. Hang in there Sherpa... this is only knocking the wind out of you. Ah-oh here they come... more drugs! :eek:

SK today: :(
SK soon: :D

Dude, Sorry to hear about the latest setback. If memory serves me correctly & you aren't on them yet, medication will include some steroids. With the BALCO boys out of jail, maybe they can make you (& Manny so he starts hitting like Bronson A. :D )some clear & cream to get you back home soon.

Getting readmitted just because Lahey had a bigger TV to watch the games are not really a good plan, especially the way they've play the last two games.

(Read: GET WELL SOON PAUL!!! :D :D )

I am very sorry to hear of this readmittance and indeed I will pray for Sherpa and the whole family. That's about all any of us can do, regretably.

The pneumonia maybe isn't so surprising since he is now inactive and with the rib injuries, cannot breath or cough normally. Thus, things can settle in the lungs and cause complications.

Likewise, with his systems responding with determination against the injuries, it is not unusual for the immune system to get caught off guard. Well, this isn't exactly a scientific explanation, but then, neither is prayer.

I think one thing we might do, if not already required, with respect to visits is to sanitize and maybe even wear a surgical mask. Now that, I imagine, could be a bit demoralizing but it does help prevent the introduction or spread of infection, especially respiratory infections. Maybe this could be brightened up with the sketch of a smiley face on that mask, or some other imaginative images that I know can originate from his friends.

Elle and family, this is a lousy way to spend Easter, especially for a man in his prime and very skillful at extending it. We've got to believe that the same will power and joie de vivre that has conquered mountains and won our hearts will restore that prime.

Bless you all.

Sherpa's probably had his fill of doctors by now, but one thing we can do for him is pay a visit to the Good Doctor ourselves. Here's one for my homie, Sherpa K.

My thoughts & prayers!

SK,
We've never met officially, but we crossed paths.

I hope you are up and out of the hospital as quickly as possible.
Everyone on this post is praying for you & your family.

There will be better days ahead!

Think good thoughts!

:)

My card is at your house waiting for you.

It's a funny card.

Get home and read it.

I keep wanting to call you and let you know that you are in our thoughts and minds way out here Western NY too, but you must be inudated with this incredible outpouring of support. Its mind boggling and a real testiment to you and the fellowship found here. Just know, you are still in the thoughts and prayers of my entire family.

In fact, I'll head to the mountains soon............ Perhaps if I'm a little higher up. a little closer and I say it a little louder, the big guy will start paying closer attention here :D . Rest easy my friend, the journey is a long one and WE ALL look forward to the time we're sitting round the fire with good doctor swapping tales mountains past.

Tim, Katie, Ash & Nick

How to visit?

Haven't visited the web site for a long time, and I was shocked to come across this news.

SK, we have only met a couple times, and I loved your bright smile and warm hug! I'm sure, despite all the injuries and setback, you are still smiling and you will get well soon. Our love will always be with you.

Anyone has information as to how to visit him in Lahey?

Happy Easter

I am so happy that I saw the slightest bit of improvement in Paul today.

I think the collective prayers and love are working. he is far from out of the woods, but he defianetly sees a break in the trees.

God bless all of you!

The Drs. hope the multiple clots he has will start to dissolve in the next few days, after which his pain should lessen and hopefully he'll return home.

Happy Easter to you all,
Elle, SK, And Family

Thanks for the updates and the good news that he is doing better! Must be the nice weather we've been having the past few days. Please pass along our continued prayers and best wishes for a quick return home.