SherpaKroto Injury

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SherpaKroto said:
Lying here, I realize how much has changed: I lie waiting for a nurse to get me OUT of bed! :eek: :eek:

Ahhh, yes. But doesn't she eventually have to get you IN bed too? Knowing you, I'm sure you'll find a way to at least get that thought planted in her mind!
:D ;)

Hey buddy, good to see your words online again. Can't wait to see you soon and talk about the upcoming SherpaPalooza. Heal well, don't annoy the nurses too much, stay sane.

-dave-

Hey Sherpa, good to see you back online. I guess that means that the vision is back nice and sharp now, right?

Good. Look at this picture from a bike race I was in. Notice what the girl behind me is wearing... or should I say is NOT wearing.

http://newmud.comm.uottawa.ca/~pete/tmp/sherpa1.jpg

Been waiting to show you this, because I know you had some vision problems at the beginning.

Last edited:
hahaha! Pete Hickey is a big tease!!! We should take a poll to see how many people came away disappointed after viewing that photo!!!

Hope laughing doesn't hurt your ribs and I hope too that you will soon be home sending funny messages from your very own computer!...... :D

...Jade

Hi Sherpa, I was thinking of prank phone calling you on your cell phone but think I'll wait till your ribs heal a little more :D Let me know when you're ready to have a guitar in your lap... I'll come up and show you some tricks, alt tunings, etc.

Hang in there and heal up, hope to see you soon! Fred

Last edited:
Finally managed to visit Sherpa Kroto yesterday in the hospital. He is still in rough shape and it is still very different from hour to hour. Getting out of the hospital to rehab this week and then back to home will be a big lift for him.
Was able to watch a couple of innings of the Red Sox (we got to watch them leave the bases loaded two innings in a row - not what a recovering man needs to see!) but it was apparent that he was quite tired and needed to rest.

He enjoyed to posting, but the computer set up is pretty tough to use, and his eyes are the same...so he may not post too much.

Let's get him home soon!

Great to see SherpaK back on-line.

Did anyone notice how this thread dwarfs the next one with the most hits, Mooning the Cog? Wonder if it has anything to do with those hospital PJs they issue? :eek:

spoke with the man today - he sounded pretty darn good :D , seems to have his sense of humor back. - thinks he may be back at the rehab place soon.

I told him about the rainier 2005 stats and that he was part of the 44% of unguided climbers to summit in 2005 - as crazy as it sounds as that fact means nothing now - he has more imprtant things on his mind - when I told him this - his spirits seemed very uplifted to hear this and there was proud joy in his voice :D :D

Last edited:
Pete_Hickey said:
Hey Sherpa, good to see you back online. I guess that means that the vision is back nice and sharp now, right?

Good. Look at this picture from a bike race I was in. Notice what the girl behind me is wearing... or should I say is NOT wearing.

http://newmud.comm.uottawa.ca/~pete/tmp/sherpa1.jpg

Been waiting to show you this, because I know you had some vision problems at the beginning.

Pete You are on my Crap List now!!! I must spent 3 minutes with that damn photo squinting trying to see what the girl behind you was wearing. That is Til it finally dawned on me .....Duh!!!!! Grrrrr....... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

On a better note, SherpaK it was nice to talk to you the other day. I know a lot of folks are calling, but I do like to check in from time to time.
Hope you are feeling better.
Rick

Hey, I was going to swing by to see you today...I'll wait and stop by the rehap later this week. miss ya.

Hugs!

Good luck, Sherpa! I'll be by with fresh Mountain Dew supplies sometime soon.
:)

Great to see you online Sherpa! Good luck with the move to rehab--we'll be thinking of you!

One of these days Dave and I will come by for a visit--once my stupid schedule clears up. Although I am sure you have plenty of visitors. :D

Sending clot busting vibes your way...

Hey SherpaK...made a bunch of goodies but didn't go to see you
so we took them camping. Everyone loved them! Hope to see you
next week. Mtnpa is in Vegas this week will be home tomorrow night.
Heading up north tomorrow to bake you more goodies. Good luck in
re-hab. Do you need anything????? See you next week.