SherpaKroto Injury

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Son of a...I can't believe it! Sherpa that absolutely sucks! Somehow knowing it was freak as freak can be accident helps--but only a fraction.

You are in my thoughts; sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Best to Mrs. Sherpa and the angel too--this had got to be tough on everyone in your family.

I might even break my ban and raise the good Dr. in a toast to your better health. Maybe cinnamon this time... ;)

alpinista said:
Rick beat me to the punch! But, yes, SherpaK gave me a buzz this morning and wanted to thank everyone for their kind thoughts. It means the world to him.

He describes the injuries as: 4-5 broken ribs on his left side, 1-2 broken ribs on his right side, a broken collarbone, a shoulder that is either dislocated or broken, a concussion with some bleeding on the brain, and slight nerve damage that is preventing him from focusing. He is in a lot of pain, as one can imagine.

It may take about six weeks for his bones to heal, but six months total for him to recover from all of his injuries. He hopes to be in Massachusetts _ if not home, at possibly a rehab facility _ on Saturday, but that all remains up in the air.
That's great that he was able to call you. Sounds more positive.

Did he mention anything about 'bionic parts'? Sherpa, if yer out there readin' this, they're gonna make you into like, a less-evil Darth Vader. You'll look good in that suit of armor, cape & helmet, doin' the NH48 in a day or less, jogging to the top of Everest & skiing down. You'll be "more machine now than man," and maybe even "twisted" but defintitely not "evil"!

We love you, dude! Can't wait fer you to get better so we can wheel you in to one of them Beer Gatherings in Boston!

-Dr. Wu

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, SherpaK!

Keep your sense of humor and listen to the docs, they'll have you patched up and back on the trails soon.

Hey Sherp,

I'll add my prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery! Take care, friend-- I'm looking forward to seeing you again this summer!

Wow! Sherpa I hope you're back on the trails soon. I'm definitely rooting for you here.

I trust someone will let us know if there is anything Sherpa needs.

Rick said:
I ended up speaking with Sherpa K and he seems in very good spirits, despite the massive injuries.
He'd better be in very good spirits, 'cause I certainly wouldn't call that doctor stuff "very good spirits!" :D

Rick said:
He did ask that folks on the board know that there was no malicious intent on the part of any other skier and that it was a just a complete freak accident.
OK, I take back my crampon dance. Shows what you get for jumping to conclusions without complete information.

There. Now that I feel better :rolleyes: , it's time for YOU to start feeling better, Sherp! Oh, and if you want to do some light hiking that's easy on the ribs, etc., there's a beautiful trail around Portland Head Light that I and a few of the Maine VFTTers can show you! Hang in there, mon gars.

There's also some lakes I can think of that would make for a nice relaxing paddle... ;)

Jay

Get better Sherpak!
Don't worry, you can always attend a Gathering in your present condition. Some Gathering require absolutely no movement - you simply sit, chat and drink around the campfire (see Catskills, 2003).

Better yet, you stay in Rutland, and I'm sure Sean can get in his truck, pull up to the hospital, pull out the bbq, fire up Moe and we can tailgate in the hospital parking lot!

Keep those nurses busy and stop playing with the jello (or is it the other way around?)

-Liza

Sherp, hang in there man. In case you haven't noticed, there's a lot of us sending our thoughts and prayers our to you. When you're all patched up and ready to get back out on the trail, people are going to have to take numbers to hike with you!

'Till we meet again, I'll say a prayer for you and raise a toast in your honor. Get well soon and keep smiling.

get well soon kroto!!

mmmmm......morphine. whenever they gave me that stuff they could've cut both my legs off and i wouldn't have cared!! wow that stuff is great. :D

SherpaK, I hope you get well quicker than expected. You were the first VFTTer I ever met (along with Arm, on Cliff and Redfield). I had no idea at the time that you were such an important figure! I hope all goes smoothly with your recovery.

Just found out from my husband that you got hurt! I told him I didn't like the kids skiing! See what can happen!!! I hope you get well quickly. I need someone to hike with so that I feel like I go fast. ha ha. and P.S. I think this is a little extreme way to get a hug from Beth. All joking aside, get well. We want to see you out hiking again!! ;) We'll keep you in our prayers.

SherpaKroto; I am really sad to hear about your injury. You are really great guy, I'm so glad I had the chance to meet up with you on top of Mt Marcy in 2004. Hope your recovery goes well, wishing you and your family the best !!!

:) :) :)

sherpa.gif

Hey Dude,

Best wishes from all of us. I raise a glass! Words can not express my deepest thoughts for your recovery. We will stand on a summit again.

Ed