SnowShoes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMan

Reaction score
Hey all I'm new to this site. I have an old set of Wooden Snow shoes that I need to get new rawhide on. Does anyone know of anyplace I can order the rawhide from or anyplace I can send them to be fixed. I prefer the older wooden snoes to the new ones and really would like to get these fixed.

Thanks.

thanks for the links, I think I need to be a little more detailed with what I'm looking for though. I need the rawhide that you use to make the "web" in the frames themselves my bindings are in pretty good shape.

Thanks

Maybe Baldy's (aka the "Kancanagus Snowshoe Center") can help you out. On the Kanc near Rt. 16.

Steve

gee, Baldy uses rope to web his ...but he's a great guy, very elderly these days. They might do some relacing

Great Canadian Canoe Co...1-800 982-2663 or 508 865-0010
www.greatcanadian.com offers 1/4 and 1/2 babiche (rawhide) also

Faber Co in Loretteville, Quebec Canada 418-842- 8476 also offers it. They also have a web site at www.fabersnowshoes.com

if you get in a bind to have them relaced..
I have an idea or two of who relaces shoes but need to check it out more

....... curious what style of shoe you have??
good luck
spider

Last edited:
snowshoes for mud....

Well as the seasons change..I found what I have often suspected might exist...snowshoes for mud....aka.."mudder boots"
I found them at www.cabela.com
(I typed it in under "search")
Anybody ever try them? I have read of at least one person using their snowshoes to go 'bog hoppin'...perhaps these would do the trick. One size fits all !!
We usually do get one heck of a mud season...........

Last edited:
Gardening

I use my old MSR Denalis to get into my garden earlier in the springtime. It's the only thing they are good for. The mud sticks pretty badly but it's a great workout for the hamstrings.