Some company on the winter 48.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tsuga

Reaction score
Good day,

I am new to this site.

I have started to work on the winter 4000 footers of the WMNF. I have historically been a solo hiker, but would like for some winter company--conversation, learn/share skills. I am a fairly experienced hiker and already have some winter peaks under my belt from the Whites, Dacks, and the Skills.
I am open to most peaks that I have not done yet. I am a graduate student who lives in the Durahm/seacoast area, but have worked in the whites for a few years prior, so i know them pretty well.
Currently, due to school starting this semester, my hiking will be restricted to weekends. If anyone out there would like to join for a hike, please get in touch. Not to offend but I do not care for large groups-- I feel it can sometimes take away from the reason I am out there-- so I am thinking 2-4 people, including me.

Glad to be part of the site,

Cheers

Tsuga,
I have also just started the winter NH48. I'm also starting back to school on Tuesday, but can hike most every weekend. Two people will work, three to four is perfect. Lots and lots of recent 4,000 footer experience (about 140 peaks in the last nine months)

My Winter 48's:
Waumbek, Madison, Moosilauke, Willey, and I bagged Washington today with an awesome group from VFTT.

NH_MTN_HIKER-

Great! We should get in touch and make some plans.

Thus far, out of the winter 48, I have hiked: Washington, Jackson, Tom ,Tecumseh, and Moosilauke.

I do not have much winter backpacking experience, yet. So I try to crank out most in days trips. I hope that is your flavor.

Do you go to school at UNH in Durham?

Last edited:
I need a bunch as well. I usually come in around book time or a little better in winter if that matters.
-vegematic

:cool:
Hey all,
so I am avalable almost everyweekend and I'm looking to get in as much hiking as possable. Will hike pretty much anything, even repeats to make them winters. please count me in
Matt

NH 4Kers

Hey All,

I'm just starting the Winter NH4Kers. I have 51 Winter 4kers in the Northeast (Mostly AKers and Vermont) and a summer round of the 115. Day hiker for most of the peaks. Planning 3 day trips around the following weekends Feb 26/27, Mar 5/6, and Mar 12/13. If anyone if climbing NH peaks those weekends let me know.

Mike

I just started my winter peaks this past weekend. 46 to go! My time is tight and hard for me to plan ahead....so I will lurk and jump in if my schedule breaks.

While I'm not really pursuing any lists, it's nice to hike with others -- especially in the winter -- so I'm game for any hikes. I'll be posting a lot of hikes in the Trip & Events section but I'm just as likely to post a 2000'er as I am a 4000'er.

That said, I think Waumbek is on the plate for this weekend. I'll put that up as well.

-Dr. Wu