Status of NH Rt. 113

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamehiker

Reaction score
Rt 113 is closed between Chocorua and Tamworth. Makes the trip to Ferncroft a lot longer. Does anyone have any info on how long it will be closed? NH DOT website was no help at all!

onestep said:
The secret shortcut is still open... shhhhhhh.

:D :D :D

I think Route 113 will be closed for awhile, as they're doing bridge repairs. If you take the 113 detour, it'll add maybe 5 minutes to your drive. If you take the secret local shortcut, you won't lose a minute.

rocket21 said:
I think Route 113 will be closed for awhile, as they're doing bridge repairs. If you take the 113 detour, it'll add maybe 5 minutes to your drive. If you take the secret local shortcut, you won't lose a minute.
Thanks, I do have the gazetteer and I think maybe I can figure it out. :eek:

Is the secret shortcut Gardner Hill?

If so, take 113 from the blinking light on route 16 in Chocorua. (Don't go up the hill, take the immediate Right onto 113.) Follow it to the former little Brown Church, now it is called Rutabaga, turn right, that is Gardner Hill.

Follow to the end, there are 2 stop signs right together, go to the second one, take a right, you are now back on 113A and about 5 miles from Ferncroft.

Sorry if this was not supposed to be public knowledge... :eek:

Gardner Hill Road would be faster to get to 113A...to get to Tamworth downtown, you'd take the left off Route 16 just before the blinking light, then take a left at the 4 way intersection (where you'd normally go straight on 113). Page Hill Road rejoins 113 shortly after the closed portion.

oh, I was giving directions from Conway, sorry for any confusion, I thought they were trying to get to Ferncroft road...

Just an update, this section of road reopened early this week.