Success Pond Road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailbiscuit

Reaction score
1,997 - 1,998 - 1,999...; Home: Topshizzum, ME
Anyone out there have any info on Success Pond Road? Will any of us have any success reaching any of the trailheads along this road this season?

We're hoping to use the Goose Eye Trail to break up this section of the AT (Route 2 to Grafton Notch SP) into two overnighters. (Work schedules limit vacation time, so a thru of this section is probably not gonna happen.)

If we can't make it up the Goose Eye Trail, anyone have any thoughts on the Wright Trail as an option from the other side?
THANKS!

Although I have no first hand knowledge, I've heard the Wright Trail is a more interesting approach. It certainly seems more accessible.

The Wright trail is a great hike and access roads are definitely easier traveling than success pond rd. I hiked this trail a few years ago on Memorial day after a rainy stretch and a few of the river crossings were tricky. If your doing this hike when its warmer there is a great swimming hole called French's hole about 1/4 mile before the trail head, it has a 15 to 20 foot waterfall and has a natural rock slide at the head of the falls. I have been out to this spot in my Prius in the spring a few times so you shouldn't have any troubles with most any vehicle.