Team Dom attempts Denali May 21 - June 10th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Frodo and Mats for the updates! Congratulations to the whole Team Dom for such an admirable expedition! Look forward to hearing more of the stories and hugging you guys soon!

"We had an amazing trip! When you go on expeditions like this with close friends you can’t help to come back just a little different. We all suffered, laughed, stank, ate lots of freeze dried bags-O-crap, lay in our tents telling bizarre stories, hauled heavy loads up some steep headwalls, tip-toed across some very scary stuff, went to the bathroom in front of each other which was even scarier (no modesty on the glacier), and we did all of this in one of the most scenic places on Earth."

Hey Frodo and team DOM...with the above quote from Frodo's summary, you all are friends for life.

Great summary and smart decisions were made. I'm so glad you're all back safe and had a wonderful experience. Welcome back. I missed all of you.

With stoies like this confirms why I like hiking with this team...I can be sure of a safe and fun hike always.

Congratulations to all.

Reactions: arm
Thanks Frodo

A pleasure to read your summary! Congrats to all for a job well done :D

Welcome home!

Great job and can't wait to raise a beer in celebration of your safe return and hearing more about the adventure!

Thanks Frodo for the summary...good stuff!

haven't had much free time since we came home to write much, but posted a few pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/armtrips
http://www.youtube.com/user/armmon

click on the "full size" link on each pic for better pics

can't Thank Frodo enough for putting this trip together ... a great guy, one of the best friends you could ever hope for, a solid leader and teammate

what a privilege joining this team to spend a couple weeks on a beautiful mountain :)

Last edited:
These photos are absolutely incredible. Each time you look at them, you see something new. They will go into my archive! Thanks Arm.

Wow some impressive pictures Arm.
Frodo they couldn't have had a better leader!
Thanks for getting them all home safely.
Frodo & Mats just love reading your trip reports.
Did Hamtero have his baby?

RIP...Dom...may his sprit live forever!!!!!!

"Get the climbers on the set!" ;)

Mazel Tov to the Team Dom crew on getting back safely. As our pal Ed Viesturs likes to say, "Getting to the top is optional; getting back home is mandatory."

(Plus, this gives you an excuse to go back again!)

The strange thing is that they found them at the same elevation as we were when we turned back. They came up the Cassin Ridge though so we were probably 1/3 mile from them or so in distance.

We are going back next year in early June. Some of the same crew and some new faces......

The Spring '09 Alpinist Magazine did an article on them...

wow, frigthening coincidence...

just a reminder that what you do is inherriently dangerous.