Team Dom attempts Denali May 21 - June 10th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're Back !!!!!

Just rec'd word that the team is in Talkeetna waiting to go to the motel.

Rob Kettels was the only one who summited.

GO, arm, stinkyfeet, hamtero and mats turned back at 19,900' (400' below the summit) due to adverse conditions.

Jeff and Frodo turned back at 18,400'.

Last edited:
skimom said:
Just rec'd word that the team is in Talkeetna waiting to go to the motel.

Rob Kettels was the only one who summited.

GO, arm, stinkyfeet, hamtero and mats turned back at 19,900' (400' below the summit) due to adverse conditions.

Jeff and Frodo turned back at 18,400'.
Finestkind!

A safe return journey!

A safe return journey, means the many stories they will share with us for a long, long time!!!

Great news for a well deserve hardcore team!!

WELCOME HOME GUYS

:)

Thanks Dani, my flight will be much more relaxed, knowing they are on their way home...

;)

ALGonquin Bob said:
While in Anchorage, you just gotta visit HUMPY'S, 610 W 6th Ave. :D
http://www.humpys.com/

First, great to hear that everybody is safe and sound..
:D

Also, although it might be somewhat touristy or not, but the Double Musky in Girdwood is a great place to eat:

http://www.doublemuskyinn.com/

And a great drive to from (los) Anchorage as you can drive by turnagain arm and perhaps even see one of the highest bore tides around.

Jay

Congrats to the team! No matter what happened, getting safely back down means success. I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures!

Congratulations

What a great accomplishment--congratulations!

For those of us who have been to Alaska, it brings back great memories to hear of your adventure. If you have not been to Alaska, it has to be seen to be appreciated. Awesome!

Pat T

ps In Anchorage, http://www.moosestooth.net/ is a great place for pizza, beer, etc.

Jay H said:
And a great drive to from (los) Anchorage as you can drive by turnagain arm and perhaps even see one of the highest bore tides around.

Jay

I don't think he'll want to go back up again at this point. :D

Last edited:
skimom said:
GO, arm, stinkyfeet, hamtero and mats turned back at 19,900' (400' below the summit) due to adverse conditions. Jeff and Frodo turned back at 18,400'.

True mountaineers, wise men (and woman), well-done! ;)

Congratulations Team Dom! Having hiked with some of you gives me, and many more folks here, some perspective on the challenge involved in climbing to the rooftop of North America.

In the spirit of VFTT, I'm sure it was a long, great (and perhaps even strange :D ) trip. Thanks for getting back safely.

giggy said:
more importantly :D

I just got word that beer is currently being consumed by a certain swede and knowing arm and jeff - likely by them too.

Congrats to all, glad you all got back safely! Can't wait to read about your adventures!

:p A safe return is a successful climb!

Great news on their return and can't wait to hear their stories and see their pics!

Team Dom, enjoy the brews, you all deserve them.

Thanks everyone for keeping us posted!